1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NOOOOO tell me it isn't so

Discussion in 'General' started by rapidzrx, Mar 10, 2023.

1. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

I heard Greg White today, if he's announcing Robbie Floyd won't be far behind! I'll have to cancel my Live subscription again I'm sick of turning the sound off!

2. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I may have mis-heard, but I thought Michael Hill said he and Roger would be calling the Twins Cup races all season with Greg Creamer (sp?) doing the pit reporting. Fingers crossed....

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Greg and Jason has never changed but Robbie has been gone since early last year.

4. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Seriously, I think that Greg has done nothing but improve. He used to irritate me bit, but he was never as bad as Floyd. Right now, he and Jason have a good rapport that makes both of them better. I still miss Jack Burnicle and Jamie Witham on BSB.

Trainwreck, rafa, tophyr and 4 others like this.
  5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

He irritates the piss out of me. I mute the broadcast

rapidzrx likes this.
  6. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Greg White is a huge advocate for the sport, has a genuine interest in it, and has been around it forever. Never understand why so many hate on him.

mdhokie, entropyrcr, JBraun and 18 others like this.
  7. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Totally agree with what you said...however, he just sucks as an announcer. I wonder if he's watching the same race half the time.

Steeltoe, Britt, Shenanigans and 2 others like this.
  8. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

I get it... he had what seemed to be aftificial enthusiasm in the past. People always gon hate on the true announcer/ brouadcast journalism voice.

9. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Count me as another that has never understood the hate for Greg. He does fine as far as I'm concerned. He's not necessarily my favorite but that has a lot to do with being neither British nor a top tier pro racer (yes I know he technically entered a pro level event or 2).

Speaking of the Brits, MA seems to grab least awesome of them. Jonathan Green back in the day - worst Brit announcer ever. And Michael Hill... I like him. But just feels like a he tries a bit too hard at times.

And Robbie Floyd has some fast approaching competition. Greg Creamer - dude, please just put the mic down. Mispronouncing Escalante's name all day. Completely misjudging the outcome of the draft game at Daytona, as if he's never watched a race here. Then constantly referring to Fong as Escalante in a later race... that Escalante wasn't even entered in. Sad part is, if I remember correctly, he's an industry guy that's been around awhile.

rafa likes this.
  10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Big head Greg has been around this back water sport for decades and has been nothing but an asset and a voice for it. He’s far from my favorite but you idiots that just need to tear down instead of build up need to think about the reality of where we actually are as a sport.
    We are a fringe sport with less tv demand than ghey ass soccer! We keep eating our own that want to build it we are done.

rafa, TurboBlew, tony 340 and 4 others like this.
  11. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I assume you're talking about White?

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, that’s the Greg mentioned earlier in the thread but I left that little bit of room for questioning. :D
    But, Yeap, Greg white.

13. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Were any of you youngsters around when Greg use to commentate/announce WERA se races? Well! I was,and it still haunts me! Im sure he's great guy/nice guy,but I have G-Dub PTSD ..and while were talking "G_DUB" Enough of that shit Pridmore! Ya'll aint some rap group! :rolleyes::D

Shenanigans and R1Racer99 like this.
  14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

He got a lot better a few years ago by calming down and realizing he didn’t have to yap constantly. As the former biggest GW hater, I can now at least tolerate him. He was dogshit for years before finally kind of figuring it out. But he’ll always be C level and never an actual professional announcer compared to other sports.

pfhenry likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I think all the announcers should talk a little less no matter who it is. They don't need to fill every second with blather, just let us hear the bikes once in a while. I thought that watching WSBK last weekend too.

03RumbleBee and R1Racer99 like this.
  16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I think they should give a crash course in roadracing to Dickskin and give him a go at it. ;)

socalrider likes this.
  17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

You obviously never heard Barry Nutley.

18. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Wasn't he always saying "Nightmare in a bubble car" ?

19. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I'd rather Robbie Floyd read me a bedtime story every night for a year than read one more of these bitchfests about how your poor little ears are bothered by an announcer. Watch the race and enjoy it.

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I try to forget everything he said, he had this really awful voice he used when anything exciting happened plus he missed an awful lot of what was going on.