1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nickalus Schmitt- Amino-Vital/SCR/Deep Roots 2015 Season

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by SCHMITTY91, Mar 18, 2015.

1. SCHMITTY91

SCHMITTY91 Well-Known Member

Well the weekend can always go better when you're not on the top step of the podium. I had a bad start for the race Saturday and it took me awhile to get around the riders in front me and with a shortened race I was only able to work my way up to 4th place and I was able to reach a 1:19 lap time for my first full dry run on a 600 at RRR. On Sunday we had the National Series which is what I am dedicating my year to. The first race was the 600 Superstock 12 Lap feature race. I came out of turns 1&2 in 3rd and I stayed behind second trying to make a few moves but could never finish them, as the race progressed I lost grip in my rear causing me to slow my pace and letting 4th and 5th place catch up to me in the last lap. Leaving me with 5th But I was able to shave 2 seconds off of my time and get down to low 17's which was my goal for the weekend. The second race on Sunday and the last was the 600 Superbike 8 lap race. I came out turns 1&2 again in 3rd but after losing confidence in my rear I rode tight which in turn made me slower, Finishing the day with a 5th. I would have loved to achieve a podium my first Expert weekend but I did achieve the goals I had set forth of getting top 5's and running low 17's. Thank you to everybody who is supporting me this year on this great journey! Amino-Vital, Screaming Chicken Racing, Deep Roots Racing, Woodcraft, Armour Bodies, Vortex, RK Chain, Amsoil, Pinned Industries, Moto-Tech Performance, and Spy Optic

2. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Congrats on the decent finish and completing your goals! Always nice coming back home with a shiny bike and good memories.