1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nic Swensgard #58 Expert Miller Motorsports Park 7/26-27/2014

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Scott Swensgard, Jul 30, 2014.

1. RACE REPORT
    We arrived at Miller Motorsports Park on Friday at 4pm for the WERA National. I saw all of my best friends in the same garage so we all pitted with each other. The second thing I saw was my best friend Ashton Wrights bike demolished. Ashton and I have always battled at every race so I knew that he wouldn't be able to ride that weekend. That night me, Ashton Wright, Gabe Hernandez III (G3),and Daniel Costilla went swimming at the hotel and had a blast. The next day in free practice 1 I had to brake in a new top end on the motor so I had to take it easy. This was good because I needed to see the track and find the apexes and braking points and etc. On Free practice 2 My dad said it was ok to go race pace and learn the track a little more. We had a long lunch break so I ate some track food and it gave me heart burn. The first race on Saturday was F2 and I got a good start and when the 125s got up to speed on the strait away they passed me as well as the 250 two strokes which were very fast. It was only a 4 lap race at Miller so I knew I had to get past the slower riders fast so I wouldn't get held up. I ended up catching one of the 250 two strokes and battled him and on the last lap I passed him because I got a better drive out of the last turn because I knew he was going to pass me on the strait. I got 5th in that race and was ready to race Formula 3 for the final race of the day. Before the race started I said good luck to my best friends Gabe and Daniel and when the race started I got a good start and was keeping up with some of the other 125s and ended up having and last lap battle for fourth and I passed him on the last turn and had a good race. Since it was the end of the day I went over to my competitors pit and shook his hand and said I had a fun battle. That night we went swimming with my friends again and had some fun in the pool. The next day before practice my dad said I could wear my old leathers because my new ones were too small and my helmet would hit my hump and I couldn't see well looking threw a corner. When I put on my leathers I was ready and excited and when free practice 1 went out I had a blast and found a new favorite corner and I felt very good. After practice me and my friends were hanging out waiting for our races. When Race 1 was on I got a great start and was battling the hole race for 4th and on the last lap on the last few turns I pushed myself a little too hard and crashed. I was a little shocked because I don't crash much and that was my first crash all season but when the next race started I was determined to race hard and have fun. When I was on the grid about to start I saw a vision of me racing in Europe and got an awesome start and then I was battling for the 4th position and I tried to keep up with the 125s but it was hard because their bikes are faster but I did manage to keep third place in site and managed to start finding myself closer to them. On the last lap on the last turn I was in 5th place and I knew I needed a great drive out of the corner so I kept it pinned and passed him for 4th place at the checker. I want to thank all of my sponsors for all of your help!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014