1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me anyway) bike added to the stable this past weekend.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 7, 2023.

1. Major

Major Well-Known Member

yep, had a friend across the pond that was able to ship them through his company on the cheap.

2. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's fantastic....would love to have a red one or the white one from across the pond as well. Both were sexy.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:D

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've only had it a few months. Its looking real nice now but was a bit of a project when i got it. Only 4k miles but had some rash. Still need right side fairing for it. Gonna ride it this year a bit and decide if i wanna keep it.

https://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/ducati-748s.379478/page-2#post-6020707

5. ClemsonsR6

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Talking about the history of the VTR, excuse me, the RC51, is not complete without the greatest race the machine ever ran.

7. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Getting stuck in city traffic was awful. Same problem racing in the summer: you had to quickly learn temperature management approaching the grid at the end of the warm-up lap and after the checkered flag.

gixxernaut likes this.
  9. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Ahhhhhhh, the hours I spent playing "follow the leader" behind that thing..:D

10. ClemsonsR6

11. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Loved racing one the few times I got the chance.
    [​IMG]

We moved up from an sv to the rc for endurance racing, and everything about the move was an effort in frustration. But it was blast to ride. Like a big SV. Raced a TL a few times too, but liked the RC better. Always liked twins, both big and little.

12. G2G

G2G I feel the need

Totally understand! I had an RC8R back in the day till the engine self destructed while riding on the street. But I loved that bike. My wife on it at the time RC8R.jpg

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Congrats man…. That’s bad ass….

ClemsonsR6 likes this.
  14. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

My turn.

Picked this one up two weeks ago.

BFF66D58-5F62-4091-B579-43D74CBC2DD4.jpeg

Did a lil bit with it today…

FC533965-71B9-43FD-A8A7-4C428CB69551.jpeg

TLR67, ClemsonsR6, Sabre699 and 3 others like this.
  15. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Sweet! Self destructed....? It's a pretty noisy engine, so it would be hard to tell what 'normal' noise is on it. I haven't heard of any huge weaknesses in them. BTW, another shocking thing about it, is it's comfortable! You look at it and think, this is going to be painful, but it's got great ergonomics, and the suspension is reasonable. So that's got to be 2012 or before, right?

G2G likes this.
  16. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Damn thats clean!!! Curious how much you got it for? Im still in love with mine and would want to strip it down one day. Wish i had a garage :(

17. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

We need more RC pics in here!!!

Razr likes this.
  18. Gigantor24

Gigantor24 Member

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

ClemsonsR6, G2G and Sabre699 like this.
  19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Never really thought of them as a 2-up bike tho.