1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New (to me anyway) bike added to the stable this past weekend.

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Mar 7, 2023.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Only on the street though.

Sabre699, sdg and Razr like this.
  2. Booger

Booger Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup:

sdg likes this.
  3. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Wow the RC 51 is a twin, cool. How did they compare to the ducaties of the day when they came out? Especially on the track.

4. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Enjoy! It won't be the lightest, fastest, best handling bike you have ever owned, but you will love it. Still miss my 02

5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

f612b2d62621c57c671c49a45112c4e8.jpg

Nicky Hayden won the ama title in 02 on one

cpettit and dave3593 like this.
  6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

It took all Colin Edwards and HRC had to win a WSBK title. Whatever year that was, Imola was one of HRCs greatest efforts in Superbike.

7. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Also '02.

8. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

I need to call him and see how he's doing.

9. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

RC51.....one litre duc eater 2000-Honda-RC51-RVT1000R-9133.jpg

G2G likes this.
  10. Major

Major Well-Known Member

I had two of them, loved them both. Heavy, ran hot around town, exhausting to ride on the track but loved them none the less. I wish I had kept one of them just to ride occasionally.
    055.jpg 084.JPG

AJ, G2G, ToofPic and 1 other person like this.
  11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I never realized that. Was that the case consistently?

12. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Yes.....until Nicky and Colin moved on!

speedluvn likes this.
  13. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Every other bike I have I'd consider selling, but this one is staying till I'm dead. Even when I can't ride anymore. I'm seeing others in this condition going for more than they were new, so it's a better investment than the stock market. Plus the stock market doesn't do 3rd gear power wheelies. I know the latest bikes have more hp, and I've ridden a few, but they really don't compare with the absolute brain/machine connection that the RC8 has. I'll take 180hp with no electronics any day. If any of you guys ever get a chance to ride one, snag it. I'm seriously considering picking up another one that's not mint, and track it.

As for the RC51....I've thought about it, but I've added 4 bikes in the past 12 months, and I think I need to slow the acquisitions for a bit...lol.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

With our without a chase car?

YamahaRick likes this.
  15. ClemsonsR6

100% agree. I've ridden them before and own another 03 for the last 5 years. Purely garage art and provider of eargasm's on a monthly basis.

16. ClemsonsR6

Call him....you can come by the house and we can ride both RC's to the lake!

stickboy274 likes this.
  17. ClemsonsR6

The red one!! Oh man...that was European colors, right?

18. ClemsonsR6

If you ever wanna move that 748....I'd like to put one of those or a 998 in the garage as well. Such beautiful bikes.

19. ClemsonsR6

Don't have a black one, but you need to jump on the RC51 Facebook groups....they come up for decent pricing. And yes, Black was only available in 05/06.

20. ClemsonsR6

Totally understand and remember what a PIG they are/were. But the design is so classic and beautiful and the sound.....just...yeah!!