1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New R1 too slow?

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Not as much as if you run Peter Popoff miracle spring water mixed with water wetter.

Dg3087 likes this.
  2. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Its weird because I just noticed another excellent builder posted up an R1 package that also builds 30hp, although with a slightly different setup.

3. Chip

Chip Registered

Awww...you guys are so sweet. I can't believe you remember the Ron Ayers days! That was almost 12 years ago!

I have ownership interest in Ballistic Performance Components and I own a marketing company. I am associated with and do marketing work for Millennium Technologies, Revolution Performance, Superbike Universe and KWS Motorsports....as well as some local businesses that you don't care about. Sometimes, I show up at the race track with KWR for MotoAmerica stuff, but only because Kyle looks like Bieber.

KWS did this build for a friend of mine (Boccarp) and the build uses a Millennium Technologies M-Spec (M-Spec is the performance brand) big bore kit. Millennium does all the cylinder and CNC head porting for KWS. Kevin and Michael at KWS did all the development. This bike is a street bike (notice the pump gas thing) and if built to be a race motor it would make a lot more power. Looks like the next version will be a race bike, so we shall see.

I delivered the bike to Boccarp last week in FL where we broke lots of traffic laws on the R1 and his Yosh Japan Replica GSX-R1000. We then went and rode dirt bikes and we both got hurt. We are both fine now.

Since this is the 1st and only big bore Yamaha R1 in the world, I thought you knuckle heads might find it interesting.....wait till you see the next Superbike Universe project! I hope this clears up the confusion and sorry for the spam.

Kisses.

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I thought you liked Wyman cause he makes you feel tall?

5. Chip

Chip Registered

Dude....Wyman is way taller than me. I just our weigh him by 30lbs...

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Is he?! Well that makes my joke less funny...

7. Yeah, Kyle is about 5'10" or so.

8. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

OUCH!

9. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

After seeing this I'm curious what is possible with a real bike...like a ZX-10.... :)

10. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

HP numbers aside.....how the power is delivered looks great on that chart....

11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow, the bike has been out 2 years and this is the only one in the world? Seems odd, that you know the entire world, but I guess you could be right?

Do you have any swamp land in florida I can buy? How about beachfront property is Arizona?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    Focker likes this.
  12. Chip

Chip Registered

Well......I suppose that somebody somewhere could have made an overbore piston for a current generation R1...but none of the major piston manufacturers have....and since we do business with all those dudes (cylinder business) it's a pretty good guess that if they haven't made a piston, nobody else has either.

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Fair enough, I figure there are all types of things going on across the world, guys replating stuff in garbage cans, etc. The Japanese companies that plate with OEM stuff, vs. the process Millennium uses? Who knows what is done out in the world. So that's what made me laugh about the statement.

Having said that, I can see a logical reason, if you do work with all the piston companies, for you to think that. But the bike has been out long enough, it seems odd no one has done anything....especially when it is generally felt to be down on power, or maybe that is just the flat plane crank?

14. Chip

Chip Registered

I thought it was odd as well, but it is what it is. Sportbike market ain't a priority these days.....got to make side by side pistons...

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I just assumed he was a stay at home mommy...

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, all that is nice and true but to be honest, I sort of knew and didn't care and I doubt Le' Papa or Sean did as well. :) You're gonna get shit no matter what but out of habit and with no malice.

Now, breathe deep, calm down and get back to spamming. :D

17. Chip

Chip Registered

I wish.....

18. Chip

Chip Registered

Crazy Chip is going Crazy and cutting prices in HALF!!!

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Hahaha me too!!!

20. cartmen34

cartmen34 Well-Known Member

I saw the topic of this thread and my immediate response was "GOOD GOD NO! What the hell is wrong with you people?!?!"

Then again I have been riding nothing but 600's for several years, so it could just be me. lol