1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My race day pics!

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Caper, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

This was my second race of my amateur career. Had a good practice session Friday, got almost a second off my lap times from the previous race weekend. Saturday morning it was raining, and had no rain tires so missed qualifying in the afternoon. Started Sunday morning practice in the rain (picked up a used set from a pro rider). Started in the back 15th out of 17, due to not qualifying. Ended up finishing 4th! :D
    Next race the sun comes up and a big panic to get the DOT's on and the line up is huge at the tire machine. :eek: Missed all 3 calls for the warm up, and had to start on pit lane and wait until all 13 bikes were gone past me. Ended up finishing 6th. Next race statred 9th and with 1.5 laps to go I was after passing a couple of really fast and experienced riders, I was now in 2nd place and thought for sure one of them
    had to be right on my ass.Going into turn 4 (of 11) and looked to the left shoulder just a little bit, STUPID MOVE , went wide in the turn and my steering dampner was loose at the time, I hit a rough patch and front washed out! Would have been my 1st podium!
    Oh well I dropped my times from 1:19's to 1:16's which I think is pretty good, puts me in contention for a podium for future races!

2. andyM

andyM Well-Known Member

Cool pics :)

What track was this at? That second picture makes the track look like a lot of fun. I can't wait till I can go racing!

3. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

That is in Shubenacadie Nova Scotia Canada. Just outside of Halifax. It's a real technical track with elevation changes I believe over 110 feet. Believe me its alot of fun. That turn in the background is turn one which comes off of the front straight with speeds reaching over 210 kmh. Then you have to get on the brakes hard and dip the machine in for the next turn where you can see the right side of my bike, turn 2. Here's a better shot of turn 2.

4. lawman800

lawman800 What did I do?

I like your race # scheme without the # plates. Makes it more like the GP bikes.

5. 04 R1Rider

04 R1Rider Well-Known Member

This track is unreal guys, technical is an understatement ! The surface isn't the best, but it's still a lot better than most public roads. I think it's 1.6 miles, it has 11 turns, two straights, and has elevation changes over 100 feet in some spots, they call it the Roller Coaster, so you have to be smooth, real smooth. I'll be joining Caper as soon as I can get my trackbike set up, might not be racing right away, but at least I'll be out riding again. And about Caper's racing so far, I must say that someone must have lit a fire in him this past weekend, he was smokin fast ! :beer:

6. RoadracerR123

RoadracerR123 Well-Known Member

cool pics bro!

7. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Instead of posting the pics themselves (as they still have the watermark), you should post a link to them....

8. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

If I did that you guys would have to look through like 135 pics just to find mine! :)

9. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Yeah, but if you don't it could be construed as stealing...

10. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

Geez... you are being difficult! LOL No that's why the guy puts the logo on those pics. He posts them on a local racing site for everyone to see and decide which ones, if any of the High Resolution pics they want printed off, and then charges for those! :beer:

11. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Trust me, I know the way it works, it's what I do. Usually if the moderator sees pics up with watermarks, he will delete the thread. If someone copied my pics without purchasing, I would be PO'd. You purchase, then you show. The watermarks tell us you didn't pay for them. I may be difficult but it's personal. :D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry Casper, Vicki is right.

13. 04 R1Rider

04 R1Rider Well-Known Member

If the photographer would get P'd off about this, why would he post them on a site for public viewing to begin with ? You're not making any sense IMO...BTW, he plans on purchasing some !

Last edited: Jul 8, 2006
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and I plan on purchasing a Caymen S. Should Porsche let me drive one around until I get around to paying for it?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oy frickin vey....

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

I was waiting for the Casper reference.:D

17. Caper

Caper Well-Known Member

I know the way it works too! As for being personal for you, that's the way you operate, which is fine so to each their own. As R1Rider said, why the hell would he put them on a public forum for everyone to see. And he says "enjoy" . Ever consider this guy does this as an amateur and for fun, and does not care if anyone uses those USELESS pics. And by this I mean with the watermark and the file size I can save them at they are useless to print off because when you try to print larger they will become distorted! Then maybe if anyone likes his work they can e-mail him on the site to purchase the pics without the water mark???? :Poke: :Poke:
    So until you came along, no one had any complaints about looking at those pics...Ya Ya i know no one else does it for a living... Blah Blah ...
    Thanx for getting my pics deleted :clap: :down:

18. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Tread litely young grasshopper :D .

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Caper, she didn't get it deleted, you did.

Want to complain, Talk to me. I'm the uptight one who saw it, noticed the watermarks and killed the stolen photos.

20. Photo_Chick

Photo_Chick Leo's Wench!

Most photographers put them out for people to view, not to copy and post elsewhere. I was giving you fair warning that if the moderators saw they would be deleted. And you're welcome.