1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Jams of Cycles

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Huey130, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Wed afternoon = Too wet to setup the pits so we hooked up the power to the trailer and went to a hotel.

Thursday = Too rainy / sketch so we worked on bikes, setup the pits and sold some stuff.

Friday = Practice for Anne, John and the rest of the crew in the AM and then the 6 hour endurance. I was in the pits the whole time... in the sun... hot. Sucks worse: 5 hours and 20 minutes into the race: charging system on the bike takes a dump.

Saturday = Practice for me. Second session and secondary butterflys fail OPEN. Which is good however the previous owner had turned in the back torque limiter screw (which usually lets go as the secondaries close and lowers the idle) but my idle was stuck around 5,000 rpm. I blew a few corners thinking I had ghost throttled before I pulled in. I missed the rest of the practice sessions while we came up with a work-around.
    Saturday races were awesome! In the C-Superstock I got a lot of good practice and moved some places.
    In the old man class I fell apart. I led the first 1/2 of the lap but threw it all away doing what I always tell people not to do: I was trying to win instead of just trying to go smooth. I wish I had a camera on for that race... FOLLLLLYYYS! Ran wide / off at least 3 times (see video below from my sister). Also unfortunately got together with someone... Racing incident; all we did was lean on each other up 1 when he went wide, I tried to sneak through and then came back to the apex where I was. I went and apologized for my part. No harm / no foul. Ended up chasing down and getting 2nd back but 1st was long gone. I seriously think the heat had finally gotten too me. I just wasn't thinking quick enough.
    Best part of the whole day for me was my Pop and sis coming out! I took Karen 2-up for the "fan" ride on my Zuma! She loved it. Waving at everyone and getting to see how the track looks to us.

Sunday = Wasn't going to go out after Saturday... But I'm glad I did! Kind of a "got back on the horse" thing. Another friend came over just for the Nationals. I didn't go out for practice but when the 600 superstock race came MAN we had a blast! The whole race is below.
    Anne didn't fare well Sunday. She looked poorly going out for her first race and then LUCKILY had a fueling issue. I say luckily because she was really in no shape to race. I ended up taking her to medical where they talked her out of trying to do anything else the rest of the weekend because of heat exhaustion. She was let-down but made a smart decision in the end.
    Also had an AWESOME chat with Lee Fields. Known him so long and it was just a cool talk. I sincerely appreciated you spending some time.

It was awesome seeing everyone. Awesome helping to raise money for the Ronald McDonald House. Awesome only one transport and he was back at the awards ceremony that night. Just awesome.

The oopsie caught by my sis during the old-man race:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZsOGjD_R0w

And my whole 600 Super Stock race (make it 720HD!): And as I've said before... The newness of me getting to race a few weekends in a row will wear off. Hahaha Please bear with me. Don't think I'm trying to show off or anything. I do think the part near the end going under the bridge is cool but these videos are mainly for me and I like sharing them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTtsXPa1yi8

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  2. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Good stuff. I love watching WERA vids

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

4. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Cool, nice vid and commentary!

5. isxlow

isxlow Well-Known Member

Huey! I Have the vid for the SR race. Your in it up to the end of the 1st lap. Then I checked out. Will post asap for ya.

6. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

Thanks for posting those videos...I love the one where you're doing the years and the other lap I can hear SR's accent reading off your subtitles.