1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My dream has become a reality.. kids/mini bikes...have some ?'s/needs

Discussion in 'Other' started by JTRC51, Feb 11, 2011.

1. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

My dream of one day being able to watch my children get involved in a sport I love is becoming a reality... After much deliberation with the wife we have decided to get some minibikes (electric) and eventually move to gas. My ? Is would there be anyone who has the protective gear that their young children have grown out of ? Or know of where one would go about getting the proper gear. I would prefer used gear that a child has grown out of (donations always welcome of course) :)

My son is 5 and my daughter is 7 (4ft tall and 4.5ft tall)

Let me know what you have

Thanks,

2. hagata

hagata AFM#934

thats awesome to hear! thats one of my dreams too, but kids are far in the future.
    I think i remember both alpinestars and RS Taichi make kids leathers. also check out Helimot http://helimot.com/ I hear good things about them.

good luck to you and your family.

3. PhilDucati

PhilDucati Well-Known Member

Get Razor and mod it with 12" training wheels, get him package Roller Blades guards for protection, don't forget to get him helmet too. Here are my two boys bike ride around the pit.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011
  4. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

OSET for the win my friend. My boy just turned 5 yr old, has been riding his 24V with 12.5" wheels for 1.5 yrs. We are now looking to upgrade to the 36V with 16.5" wheels and disc brakes for him.
    www.osetbikes.com

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  5. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Thanks for all the input and well wishes everyone ! I am really looking fwd to this.

6. ScreamingSon

ScreamingSon Well-Known Member

I am jealous! I want kids just for this reason!

7. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

i cant wait for the snow to melt!!

we got our kids (6 and 3) a PW50 for christmas.

its gonna be a riot!!

only complaint i got it the price of gear. i can get a set of motoX pants for 115. pants for a 3yr old cost 80. the 3yr olds pants fit in the pocket on my set LoL.

8. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Don't need training wheels, just lower the air pressure in the tires and put them in the grass. Conrad was 4 when he started riding a Razor, took him about 20 minutes of falling to get the hang of it.

<edit> He was riding the Razor before he could ride a bicycle without training wheels.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  9. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

Heard that's the way to go as well :up: