1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moving to Mi from UK

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Ian_Fletcher, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Ian_Fletcher

Ian_Fletcher Well-Known Member

Hi all, I will be moving to the Novi area of Mi in March with my work & would like to get involved in the racing scene in the US. I currently race in the UK on a GSXR600K6 at short-circuits & also the Isle of Man road circuit. I would appreciate any information to help me get involved when I arrive with my wife.

Thanks!
    Ian

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Welcome Ian! There are 2 racetracks in Michigan that WERA races at, Grattan and Gingerman. Grattan is a blast. There are 2 tracks in Ohio WERA races at, Nelson Ledges, and Vintages race at Mid Ohio, Beaverun on the Ohio/Penn. line isn't too far from Mi. So the North Central WERA schedule is pretty good for someone in Michigan.:up:

The only thing we have simular to the IOM is the Deal's Gap Monthly Timetrials!!!:up: JK...good luck

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

You also have quite a few of us that live in the area that race. And of course STG is not that far of a drive from Novi if you need parts.

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Lies. All Lies. Welcome. Can you corner low?

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Welcome!

6. RichMangus

RichMangus Booya

Welcome to Michigan!

Also there are a lot trackdays if you just wanted to ride the tracks at a slower pace.

7. Zepp

Zepp Well-Known Member

8. A.R.K.

A.R.K. Well-Known Member

Welcome, around 6 tracks within 6 hours driving. The North Central schedule is good for Michigan people, check it out and search the names of the tracks on this forum lots of information. Grattan Raceway is my favorite track that is close (2.5 hours).

9. RumbleStrip

RumbleStrip Well-Known Member

The food is better in Michigan than the U.K., but there are no chip shops to be found. There are some places around that have big screens that show EPL on the weekends if you are into that.

Welcome to "The D"

10. Ghamilton

Ghamilton Well-Known Member

Ian, drop me a pm and we'll get together and talk about bikes. I live in Novi. Where about will you be staying? Some decent deals to be had on rentals in the area.

Gordon