1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 1 | Portimão | Portugal | Mar 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 20, 2023.

1. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

Anyone have news on MO88 ?
    Is he ok from that contact ?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

Leg contusion

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  3. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

stk0308 and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

welll...spoke too soon

"Miguel Oliveira to miss this weekend's Grand Prix of Argentina after "further damage" was revealed during medical checks."

-crash.net

5. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:(

f@ck

Yzasserina likes this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

7. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

So rather than accept a double long lap race braker MM decides to have his hand surgery instead? trade off very low points probability vs zero points BUT the hand gets fixed with a minimum of points damage......Have I got this right??

8. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Getting nuked by a out of control rider at your home event AND zero points has that beat.

stk0308, Phl218 and Yzasserina like this.
  9. spcassell

spcassell Well-Known Member

MotoGP home page and top story: "Marquez to miss Argentina GP". Freaking MotoGP poster boy. Top story should be "Oliviera missing out on Argentina GP".

Read the article earlier today titled "Injured Marquez Receives Sanction......". The article stated that Marquez would receive a double long lap penalty at the next round, provided he is fit to ride. The very next sentence stated that if he missed the next round, he would serve the penalty in Austin. Went back to that same article right now and that last statement is gone. Interesting, were they making assumptions yesterday when they wrote the article or did they change their mind.

definitely not a cat likes this.
  10. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

:confused: you think Herrin's move at Daytona was worse than Marc's torpedo?

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

More time for him to spend with his hot sister, sorry, wife.

Circacee and Phl218 like this.
  12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

By my count that's the fifth time MO88 has been taken out in a race. A bunch more in practice. Dude does not seem to have a lot of luck or seem to get much respect (cf. Red Bull). He looked like a lock for podium to me. And its not just zero points for one race, it's for 3 and maybe more.
    Including spelling his name wrong? See? No respect. :D
    Read his post more carefully and it might make sense.

13. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

He said he was not trying to pass. Locked up the front and then went inside of Martin after he let off of the brakes. Unless you think he’s lying. Makes sense to me… ‍♂️

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Capirossi has been clear - Marc will serve the penalty when he returns.

stk0308 and Circacee like this.
  15. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Finger to the stewards? They'd take it and say 'sir may I have another??'

16. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Here's a good video of it ....Looks like he goes on the inside of Martin-i to make a pass, but MM hit his leg dangle and that's when he though uh oh and grabbed the front brake.

BigBird likes this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

He already has a permanent problem. Rossi will always have one more MotoGP championship than he does. The pain must be exquisite.

Skter505, rafa, BigBird and 6 others like this.
  18. mglax13

mglax13 Well-Known Member

He could kick the stewards in the balls and fuck their sisters, the stewards still wouldn't put him on the shit list....

19. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Same shit to me, they both ruined races for viewers/spectators and risked other rider’s safety way too early in the race.

If it’s the last couple laps it’s a different story, both of these guys are amazing riders that can’t keep their shit together early in races for some reason. Edit: obviously they do 95% of the time, but these guys have had too many poor choices early in races for how talented they are.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  20. BigBird

BigBird blah

the announcers were talking about Martin's ridiculous leg dangle earlier in the weekend.