1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Race 1 | Portimão | Portugal | Mar 26

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Mar 20, 2023.

1. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

He should throw the leathers on for Sunday, start in the back and do his penalty on the 1st lap and pull it right back into the pits so it's over with. Fly up to Austin and prepare for COTA. I don't see anything in the rule book saying he can't.

motion and BigBird like this.
  2. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

That'd be the smart play for him, but simultaneously a finger in the eye to the stewards. He might find himself on their shit list for any future penalties.

3. ORIF

ORIF Well-Known Member

That is not a minor injury to his thumb, especially on his throttle hand.

I will be very surprised if he is back racing within 4 weeks, let alone 2.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Actually yes since that’s the way the rules are written. The penalty is assigned to a specific race, not to the rider. He won’t be the first rider to escape serving a penalty. Missing a race is a way more severe penalty than a double long lap.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

The guy hit his head hard enough and often enough to cause vision issues that took time to resolve. Hang it up before you have permanent problems.

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Fixed

stk0308, Jed and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Jed likes this.
  8. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Team Goodfellas? Vinny?

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Even betterer.

10. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

stk0308 likes this.
  11. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

From what I read the penalty will only apply to the next round not his next race. If he’s not in the next round they won’t penalize him any further.

12. BigBird

BigBird blah

Getting 0 points is a pretty big penalty

[​IMG]

The Beer Hunter and lopitt85 like this.
  13. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Probably should have been a 3 round ban.

Long lap penalties are not enough of a deterrent.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  14. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm not shifting blame, and I'm far from a MM93 fan, but looking back at the video. It looks like he was planning to go under Martin. Martin took a lot tighter line than expected since he was no where near close enough to pass Oliveira. This made Marc have to check up way before he was expecting and led to the contact with Martin, once the contact with Martin had happen. Marc was just a passenger on a bike pointed at Oliveira.

Its obviously a MM93s fault but I definitely don't feel it was same as Herrins run up the inside at COTA in MOTO2. That was desperate and stupid. The outcome of this sucks, and Marc has some stuff to figure out. But watch the video and see how right before contact, Martin moved offline to the inside (which he has the right to do), and Marc ended up with nowhere to go.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I forget who it was in Moto 2 yesterday who served a penalty he earned at the final round last year. They don't let that shit go.
    Nothing in the rules perhaps but he still has to clear a medical check. If they make him do push-ups on the broken wrist, that plan might not work out for him.

16. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I think that was Vietti?

sheepofblue and HPPT like this.
  17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Nice spin. Tell that to Dani whose 2011 Championship was dashed in one quick turn.
    Vietti. Still, the next race.

18. definitely not a cat

definitely not a cat Well-Known Member

Self inflicted though. Really think anyone else would gotten a much larger penalty for that error. Hell I think Miller get a 2 long lap penalty last year for impeding someone’s lap. Marc goes full sidewinder into Oliveira and gets the same penalty.

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He said wasn't. He said in his interview that he locked the front and had to release the brakes and hit Martin.

BigBird likes this.
  20. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I hadn't seen the interview yet, but you are correct. I still question if passing Martin was his plan or not. I definitely haven't seen and angle that makes you think a front slide happened until contact with Martin. But then again they ride on a different level than us club racers can even understand, so he may have felt the lockup before any visual indicators of a lock up happened.