1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Pre-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. BigBird

BigBird blah

Stoner was the last one to run the #1 plate in MotoGP

cbush and Once a Wanker.. like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Makes total sense. Another reason why is the anti-Rossi (46 was the number that changed the tradition).

cbush, Once a Wanker.. and BigBird like this.
  3. BigBird

BigBird blah

GP22 seems to be the fastest bike still, guess it has the most data too.

4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Marini de-thrones the king of testing for day 1.

5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Quartararo and Márquez are pretty negative in their interviews on French TV. Not very happy with what they tested today.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

One more reason to really like Stoner.

To me if a great like Rossi or Marquez ran the #1, they would get sales of the #1 stuff as well as the sales of their original number that people already own?

cbush, Once a Wanker.. and Razr like this.
  7. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

That is very true.

Still he finished 4th today (I think - the list is now down), by far the fastest of those that need to adapt. Pretty positive.

AE41 was 3rd Aprilia today...

That said, time were 'relatively' slow. Track record is in the mid 29s they were in the mid 30s IIRC. Maybe no time attack.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I get keeping your number as champion when that number is directly associated with you. Schwantz and 34 (even though he ran #1) and Rossi with 46.

but Bagnaia? I hate to admit I couldn’t pick him out of a lineup or tell you what number he ran.

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

All four plug wires on?

cbush and Circacee like this.
  11. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nobody likes a showoff....

12. Phl218

Phl218 .

MM bashing Honder: "we need to do more work"
    sauce:
    MotoGP

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

MM to Ducati next year. Little brother will hold the door open for him.......

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

He has a few years left on that monster money contract he signed.

15. Dan Dubeau

Contracts are easily broken when both sides agree to it. Honda tired of paying for nothing to show, and Marc tired of killing himself trying to override that shitpile. If not Ducati, I can see a split somehwere if no forward progress is made this year. Somebodies head is going to roll at HRC. The riders are the most expendable in that organization.

16. Phl218

Phl218 .

and:

as a warning to the ex-zook-riders (as if they hadn't realized yet):

“The Honda is a bike where you have to crash to find the limit. And you need confidence and a bit of luck to do that,” warns Marquez

17. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Honda, injuring and mentally disabling new MotoGP riders every season.

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hell, he probably has language in there allowing him to get out whenever he pleases.

19. Dan Dubeau

No doubt they all contain escape clauses. I can't honestly see him continuing with them after this year if there is no forward progress made, and he doesn't win the title. He just seems too motivated to win, and would do anything to do it. And especially now, realizes that time is ticking.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Normally I’d agree and add contracts are only enforceable as long as both sides want them to be but it’s Honder and with the Goat.
    As long as he’s able to come back to near 100% they’ll keep him. Only if he’s completely used up and ready for the glue factory will they let him go.