1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Pre-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

2023 is gonna be the Ducati show with a few guest appearances by Aprilia.

2. ShadowBoxer

ShadowBoxer Well-Known Member

I certainly hope so, I'd like to see KTM making regular podiums too.

Rance Taylor, stk0308 and cpettit like this.
  3. prm

prm Well-Known Member

With 8 bikes on track when they are allowed to test, this limited testing sure favors them. This year will be the Ducati Cup.

cpettit likes this.
  4. cpettit

How often will little Marquez finish ahead of his brother? Marc doesn’t seem real thrilled at the moment.

5. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

I don't know, but he is my dark horse to have a breakout season. I think he is hugely underrated and is going to open some some eyes this year.

Circacee and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  6. Rance Taylor

Rance Taylor Well-Known Member

Probably only if mm93 crashes.

7. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

The simple fact Alex Marquez on a Duc is faster than his big brother (perhaps for the first time?) underlines how far Honda is from competitive. And the KTMs also being so far down doesn’t bode well for them either. Ducs and ‘Prillers lookin’ good at the moment, wouldn’t you say?

And maybe Marc is beginning to learn what Schwantz and Hopkins eventually did—it’s not smart to override a slower bike and constantly hurt yourself. Maybe he’s not going to push so hard if the bike is no good, in preference to avoiding injury late in his career?

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

you know there was a time when Rossi used to sandbag it in testing and then be much faster once the season started. Sometimes, not showing all the cards is a good thing.

Honda does seem to be doing A LOT of testing so, I wouldn't look too hard at the lap times....yet

Circacee likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, Bagnaia stated he did not put in a hot lap...

but the AM /MM thing will become pretty interesting this year

cpettit and BigBird like this.
  10. cpettit

Looking at where the other Honders are, I'm going with no they aren't sandbagging. Taka isn't back in second to last place on purpose. It's gonna be another tough year for the Japanese factories.

KTM will do the same as before. They go good once in a while but won't be a serious contender.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

looks so

Franco Morbidelli doesn't hide the M1's problems: 'The bike doesn't work with new tyres and with a qualifying configuration'
    "with new tyres and light bike, we aren't able to make 57 like them[Ducati]. We are able to make 58. It's frustrating."

https://www.motorcyclesports.net/ar...new-tyres-and-with-a-qualifying-configuration

12. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

That’s going to be a serious problem this year because qualy now counts for the sprint race starting position too. If you get 6 Ducatis in the first 6 spots, it’s all over.

BigBird likes this.
  13. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

How is main event grid going to be determined? From the sprint?

14. prm

prm Well-Known Member

They will draw straws in the Ducati garage for the top 8 positions.

BigBird likes this.
  15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

Next Yamaha GP bike? Might do the same lap times

[​IMG]

Yzasserina likes this.
  17. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

Why do the rich and famous always get all weird with their clothing?

BigBird likes this.
  18. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

Have you seen his tattoo he got of himself? Dude is certifiably a weirdo.

Circacee and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  19. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

He's french...

20. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Have you guys talked about the 2023 MotoGP VideoPass renewal yet in this thread? I just got a reminder that my 2022 season pass was expiring soon and when I clicked on the link that they provided it appears that they now want me to sign up for automatically renewed monthly subscriptions instead of the season long subscriptions like I have done for the past 15 years or so. They are telling me now that it will be 29.99 Euros/mo vs the 199.99 Euros that I paid for all of last season. They might have just reached my price-point to say, "Thanks, but no thanks" especially when I see that in the month of July (summer break) there is only one race scheduled.