1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Geico-Motorcyle Speedfest at Monterey | Laguna Seca July 9-11

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jul 7, 2021.

1. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

King of Baggers at Road America had more views than all the other classes combined. I would say those views are from people that don't normally watch road racing.

Monsterdood likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As I said, it's great. Hopefully it will matter long term but short term it's great.

3. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

I was there, and if I didn't know I was attending a sportbike event, I'd have thought I stumbled upon a cruiser gathering. Lots of chrome and leather vests.

I think it's a great thing. They get to see sport bikes and will have a newfound appreciation for them seeing the speed and lean angles in-person. I ended up renting a bagger to travel up to Laguna for the weekend (I started my own thread about that), and I have a new appreciation for that style of bike. Some cross-pollination with the cultures that can absolutely coexist. I'm still a roadracer, but you might see some American muscle parked next to the sportbike in the garage someday.

Gino230 and Monsterdood like this.
  4. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see some of the bagger crowd take some performance and styling cues from the racing baggers and putting them on their street bikes. Trade in some floorboards for some rear sets and touring tires for some Q4's.

5. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

Around here in SE PA my buddy's shop has been putting gsxr and zx10 forks / brakes on baggers more and more. Not sure it's directly related but he is seeing more and more actual performance mods.

6. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

If I were an HD dealer, I would get a bike off the showroom floor and tart it up with forks, wheels, shocks and an exhaust. Then I would have a party showing all races from the Bagger series and show off the bike. I would try and get Kyle and Travis Wyman there to sign autographs and tell people how cool the bikes are. I'd also try and get Eslick there to drink some beers with his people.

Rico888, r6fast and Monsterdood like this.
  7. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

A street replica of a bagger racer. Perfect. I’m in :)

8. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

FYI the BRL races in Utah had 57 entries.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Woohoo? I do love how their one race was a championship :D

10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Two points to consider.
    If Drag Spec. thinks it can expand and have more races at more venues in the future it will.
    If 57 riders, their support crew along with a ton of HD aftermarket industry companies from ALL over the US attended like they did I think it's gaining traction.

FourThreeSix likes this.
  11. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

And along with buying more product, show up at the races and buy tickets and watch races and increase the overall audience. What the complainers and “purists” seem to miss is, a rising tide raises all ships.

Back 25 years 883 races were hoped to be an entree to the big and untapped Harley market, but it turned out real Harley guys didn’t ride 883s or much care about them racing. But baggers, now that’s the Harley (and Indian) mainstream and it’s a hit.

12. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

In two years we will be seeing two classes for the enthusiasts, and three classes for the manufacturers
    We should ensure that there are two races for each class, every weekend so that one race result does not take you out of the title chase.
    SB, S-Stock, (Tuner class; Baggers or Hooligans) Twins, and Jr Cup.
    Rotate the Baggers, and Hooligans on the event schedule so they each get four events across the season, locality influenced.