1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2022 silly season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 20, 2021.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Doubt it. Different bike and different tires.

If he needed data they can either do a test or a trackday with the actual R1 on actual pirellis (not the daytona specific tire on a 600)

badmoon692008 and Boman Forklift like this.
  2. 392

392 Well-Known Member

On pirelli because it's a better tire.

3. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

hayden.JPG
    word is robbie floyd will be back too

Nathey and evakat like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

On Pirelli at Daytona? Maybe because the pirellis are free or at least heavily “subsidized.”

We’ll give you x fronts and x rears for free if you run our tires. Blah blah blah, feedback and testing, blah blah blah.

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Stanboli has won 2x on both tires. he also was directly asked Pirelli or Dunlop on the the superbike genius youtube show (sorry, not a podcast) and he said he was leaning Dunlop because they had an existing relationship with them but he remembered that Pirelli had a distinct advantage when Chaz Davies was there. According to his memory, Pirelli had over a second a lap advantage then Dulop but he did not make a definite statement and said he was still deciding as of the Nov. 21 show

6. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

FWIW I would be just as happy seeing an American team on the world stage as I am seeing American riders. Even if that team is NOT using American riders... As someone who has a skilled trades/engineering back ground. I am very much interested in the technical aspects of this sport. Would be neat to know that there is an avenue to get American tech's and engineers in the paddock at that level.

We have American Racing in the Moto2 paddock which is awesome, but I'd like to see more obviously.

Gino230 likes this.
  7. G 97

G 97 Garth

I honestly can’t see a full time Moto America team running anything but Dunlops while at Daytona. I realize Daytona doesn’t count towards the series but I just don’t see any full time MA team running anything but Dunlops.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

except for Hammer and Attack, right?

9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Someone is again using common sense on the beeb?

10. G 97

G 97 Garth

That’s the question isn’t it. Will they go back to running Pirelli for a one off race?
    Daytonas so different than any other race on the schedule that they might just do it, but man, I just can’t see it. IIRC M4 stuck with Dunlops while at Daytona in the recent years even when they were not obligated to Moto America spec rules.

Let me ask you, do you think they will run Ps or stick with D’s?

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hammer? I thought I read they and Attack were running pirelli but Hammer might be a split squad with some of the riders contracting for their services at the event running pirelli and others dunlops.

someone can look it up and post up if I’m way off. I read something about who was running Ps a few days back and I didn’t read it too close since the 200 is just a giant club race and shit. :D

really, don’t remember because I’m swamped with shit besides tires at Daytona. Lol

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

No :D

13. 27

27 Well-Known Member

The PR link is in this thread somewhere if you didn’t find it ;)

G 97 likes this.
  14. G 97

G 97 Garth

I still got the T-shirt. :crackup:
    DF17AAB7-F984-4EFE-B64F-A942796D2B38.jpeg DD0F4B39-C312-47A3-907E-8092505669C4.jpeg

The Great One, Senna, JBall and 3 others like this.
  15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you’re an Attack fanboy I got a set of Mark Miller Attack leathers from when they first ran Yamahas. I got their promo VHS tape around somewhere as well. :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    G 97 likes this.
  16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I found the RRW presser. Might be another Pirelli sweep in 2022.
    Don’t blame me when Gagne tucks the front in his first practice session at COTA when back on Dunlops. :D

Last edited: Mar 9, 2022
    The Great One, Circacee, 27 and 2 others like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

18. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

G 97 likes this.
  19. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

I wish you armchair racers would head down to Daytona tomorrow. Get a hot pit pass and then closely look at say about 100 of brand p, x, y, and z tires from 200 practices and the race then count grid share, you might be surprised as things have changed a lot over the last 10 years.
    Afterwards go crash Johnny Bs place, steal his liquor and women, then head to the Ocean Deck and put everything on his tab. :rolleyes:

henry_carlson likes this.
  20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Johnny B don’t drink and Charlie don’t surf! :D