1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica 2021 | VIRginia International Raceway | May 21-23

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, May 12, 2021.

1. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I got down into a high 36 on the SV at VIR back in 2015 because I finally grew some balls through turn 10. I had never been there before and I was getting my ass kicked in that corner.

Monsterdood likes this.
  2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

The lap times the junior cup guys and the twins guys were doing were the most impressive thing all weekend to me, just completely nuts to go that fast on those bikes, and in some cases not even win!

sbk1198, 5axis and 418 like this.
  3. 418

418 Expert #59

Are the Ducati's still legal for the Twins class? Just wondering why nobody is racing one? It was pretty fast IIRC.

4. grasshopper

The junior cup races were the best shows all weekend. Especially race 1. Those kids were F-n ROLLIN!

sbk1198 likes this.
  5. grasshopper

Well you have to remember who was riding it too. Barney could ride a big yellow chicken around and smoke most of us

6. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

I'm not criticizing RLH, I'm just saying they are a "team" and overall they are getting much better. I don't enjoy the comparisons to NASCAR or MX, but on the other hand, they aren't Shaheen.

I noticed how Floyd leaves open ended questions hanging and sometimes they just go unanswered. In the Twins race the previous round there was a jump start and the rider (and viewers) was shown the "Ride Through" board. I don't know how many times RF asked "how many laps does the rider have to pull in" and "what happens if he doesn't pull in" before finally RLH said something like "yeah, you get a few laps to pull in and then they black flag you." I was smiling and thinking...those fellas might wanna brush up on that before Race 2. LOL

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Suzuka_joe

Suzuka_joe Well-Known Member

honestly Robby Floyds jokes are pretty ok MOST of the time. i'm just happy that streaming worked (for the most part) this weekend so I got to watch it all live.

8. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Yep, had a neighbor lady like that. Bitched about a tree in my front yard, giving her problems with her getting out of her car. I then started trimming it exactly at the properly line/driveway edge. If she'd had asked nicely, I would have taken care of it for her, but when the first words out of her mouth were bitchy, that set the tone. Of course, she could have pulled up or back a few feet to not have to deal with it as well...

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly they are really really expensive

10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

DUCATI? EXPENSIVE???????

What you talkin 'bout Willis?

stk0308 and noles19 like this.
  11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Not at all, I totally get it.

I like RLH and only think he is getting better. I really like the “Ducati on board lap” thing he does.

12. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

The licencing has been a bit blurry as well, but more racers is more racers and more money is more money. I don't necessarily think this detracts from the pro show, but it probably takes away from the club scene.

Boman Forklift and noles19 like this.
  13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Yes, I watch them all. Still not impressive for being an ex-MotoGP rider. But honestly, I kind of expected that at the beginning. I expected Baz to do what Cam did last year, which isn't happening so far, but I don't see Barbera finishing in the top 5.

14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Jr Cup race 1 was probably the best race so far this season. That was intense! I can't believe how many of those kids are capable of running 36s there! Twins races were really good too.

15. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Hes
    He’s on a shit bike with a shit team, what the hell did you expect?

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

35.987 to be exact. LOL crazy!

17. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Barbera will only get stronger with the season.
    He had not ridden for a couple of years, a week before Atlanta he got the call, they did zero testing. He also mentioned how different the tracks here are from what he is used to, especially the different pavement patches throughout the track.

18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Wait till he sees NJMP :eek: and the new corner entry patches they’ve added. Barber, COTA, Indy and a “few” others would be at a good Euro standard, but many others probably have Baz and Barbera wondering what they got themselves into.

rafa likes this.
  19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I don't mind GW or Pridmore....but just for fun, next race count how many times GW throws out "side by side" and how many times Pridmore throws out "ever so slightly". Not sure why that's Pridmore's thing but its pretty much every other sentence. :)

20. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

And GW needs to get Mesa's first name correct....uggghhh !!