1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mom is Gone

Discussion in 'General' started by Kev59, Nov 4, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:( RIP race mom.

BigBird likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss. RIP Race mom!!

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

As long as you haver your memories, she isn't gone. She's just not here.

4. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Sorry for your loss. I hope she, you, and your loved ones find peace.

5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry Kevin. I know she was always with you back in the day. If you ever need anything or want to talk message me.
    Love you man

6. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

I know you, as well as all the comments here, mean it. We're doing pretty good. Even though we started preparing and grieving weeks ago it was still a solid jolt when the end arrived. We've planned a celebration for this Thursday and I'm looking forward to telling and hearing some good stories. She's being cremated so I'm thinking about cruising her ashes around Roebling in two weeks.

ToofPic likes this.
  7. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Hoping you can celebrate a life well-lived. That is the spirit of Dia de los Muertos, and a good way to process loss.
    RIP race Mom.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

She was there for you and you for her.

RIP to your mom.

9. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My sincere sympathies, sir. When my mom goes, I know it's going to be a big hit. :(

10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

My condolences and sympathies to you. Alzheimer's is a terrible way to go. It's especially hard on the family. I lost my Mom in 2016 (after 7 years of declining health due to strokes), and at the same time was losing my grandmother due to Alzheimer's. They shared a room in the nursing home, so they were well visited, right up until the end, but it was tough man.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Sorry to hear about your Mom. Unfortunately, I know what you are going through. I first lost my step-dad (my "Dad" since I was 6) in early May and my Mom 11 days later. I was there for it all, and it was tough. My wife and I have had the "summer from hell" handling everything (and that is with my parents doing a lot of up-front prep work).

They were living up in NC (moved up there for the motorcycle roads as much as anything), so we have been going back and forth up there.

I was going to scan some of the cool racing-related stuff I found, some of which I've seen some I had never seen, related to my Dad and post them here. On the starting line at the first race at Daytona speedway, racing on the beach, racing overseas, old FIM licenses, etc., etc.but I haven't had the time or inclination yet

Starting to see some light at the end of the tunnel, but Christmas is going to be tough. My Mom reminded me last year that we have never spent Christmas apart. It was always a big holiday for her, even when that wasn't really "a thing" years ago.

Sadly, everybody has to go through it, I just wish I had a big family to spread the load a bit. But, talking to the estate lawyer, it sounds like the family fights can be the stuff of nightmares, so maybe it is better this way.

Once a Wanker.. likes this.
  12. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Condolences. Sorry for your loss.

13. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

RIP and condolences, sorry to hear.