1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Miller National Wera Kinzer Naylor Racing

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by furrytractor, Jul 29, 2015.

1. furrytractor

furrytractor Member

[​IMG]Kinzer Naylor Takes USBA King Of The Mountain GTU Win At Miller Motorsports Park

Kinzer Naylor Takes USBA King Of The Mountain GTU Win At Miller Motorsports Park
    Kinzer Naylor took three wins aboard his Speed Moto Company-prepared Kawasaki ZX6R at this weekend’s combined USBA/WERA event at Miller Motorsports Park’s Perimeter Course, including Sunday’s Expert King of the Mountain GTU race. Kinzer’s GTU win also saw him take over the championship points lead with two rounds to go.
    The weekend was not all fun and games for Kinzer, as he crashed out of Saturday morning’s first practice session. The moment Naylor’s crippled bike came off the crash truck, the Speed Moto Company crew went to work; switching the front and rear suspension, exhaust, brakes, and ECU over to his ‘B’ bike. Other than the warm-up lap, Kinzer had zero time on his ‘B’ bike and was still able to win the Expert C Superstock race, as well as the Expert C Superbike race.
    Kinzer Naylor; “My first race on Saturday was C-Superstock. I started P10, and worked my way up to second going in to turn 1. Three corners later, I took the lead, managed a two second gap, and took the win with a best lap of 1:58.8. The C-Superbike race was very similar. Again, I started in P10 and took over second place going in to turn one, but this time I took the lead out of Witchcraft and into The Attitudes. My lead grew to 1.6 seconds, which I managed to the end of the race, with a best lap of 1:58.6. I went into Sunday’s first race, C-Superstock, feeling confident of another win from fifth on the grid, but I had to pull in halfway through the race with a fueling issue. I started the King of the Mountain GTU race from second on the grid, got great start, an took the lead going into the first turn. I wasn’t able to break away from the pack, but held on for the win with best time of 1:58.9. Before this weekend, I had only one dry race win, so I am very happy with my results and that I was able to run consistent laps in the mid 1:58’s all weekend. I know I have a target on my back now that I have the King of the Mountain GTU points lead, but that is even more motivation to finish the season strong a bring home that title. A big thank you to the Speed Moto Company crew, Dunlop Tires, JRI Shocks, Vesrah, and EBC! See you in September!”
    Kinzer and the Speed Moto Company crew will be back in action September 5th and 6th, when the USBA series reconvenes on Miller Motorsports Park’s West Course in a combined event with the American Historic Racing Motorcycle Association (AHRMA).
    For more information on Kinzer Naylor, go to www.facebook.com/pages/Kinzer-Naylor-Racing

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015