1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexico is calling... and I must answer

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 12, 2021.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Mulege is 100% gringoes. You would feel right at home.

2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

This thread is making me jealous. Have fun! When I first got my bike in my early 20's I was gone on an adventure almost every weekend. I had a good job, no chick, and just picked a direction and went with zero plan. Mostly around northern Ontario, but a couple trips down to the gap, and a few more down through Pennsylvania/NY and even Quebec. Slept on the side of the road once or twice. Great times. Would love to pick up a KLR, but just don't have the time right now to do that again. Can't wait till the kids get older.

BigBird and motion like this.
  3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

It's a great little town. The "vanlife" and social influencers have found it, so not sure how long it will remain that way

@motion, didn't see this thread until now, where you at now? My place is just north of Mulege. Got a Casita you could crash in. Hit me up. Just went for a 30 mile dirt bike ride.

motoracer1100 and motion like this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Dude I would have been down with that a couple days ago. I stayed in a hotel in downtown Mulege. Beach camping on the east cape tonight, then the overnight ferry to Mazatlan.

5. Bugslayer

Well bummer. Have fun on your adventure!

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I was about 18/19 years old and hopped on an '82 Virago 920. Heading for Cabo I stopped at the first toll booth. This dipshite forgot his wallet and had to uturn back to San Diego.
    30 years later and I've never been to Cabo :/

BigBird, scottn and Boman Forklift like this.
  7. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Lol, I’ve been but I flew there.

You live close enough to the border you could have been back home and on your way within an hour.........what happened in those 60 minutes that changed your like for the past 30 years?:D

8. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Dont be upset about forgetting your wallet, the Virago ownership however......

9. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Rob--I ended up heading to Las Vegas later that night - St. Paddy's Day.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  10. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

You still in Mexico?? Have the boss coming monday for a week then we are heading up to Loreto. But if you are heading south some cool small towns, local back roads coconut and banana/ plantain plantions for miles and miles. Barra de navidad is awesome, got some good campsites in Melique and Boca de Iguanas near Manzanilla not to be confused with the big town Manzanillo an hour South

11. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

My sister and her husband are down on the Baja peninsula right now tooling around on an FJR. I was down there in 07 for the Baja 1000 on an ATV. Brutal race, awesome scenery!

12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I made it back to Montana. Had a good trip... some heat exhaustion because the temps were higher than I anticipated and there were NO clouds my entire time in Mexico. Also, I went over a month without a normal poop. The Mexican food effed me up pretty good.

People were awesome and honest. No issues with safety at all.

5,800 miles on the KLR. Super happy I did it. I was desperate for a trip!

SuddenBraking, tl1098 and Phl218 like this.
  13. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Mexican food, I thought it was the water. How about them fish tacos,yum.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

the trick is a shot of tequila before breakfast ;)

Sabre699 likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

That's what the locals say...and the fresh fruit !!

16. Captain Morgan

Here in town for the weekend off, drove up from loreto/ puerto escondido, came to check out the bay and beaches. Have a camper air bnb but it's a trip. You around

motion likes this.
  17. Bugslayer

Just got back from an off road remote camping, kayaking and fishing trip. no cell service. Looks like i missed ya, fishing was good though! 20210405_114429.jpg 20210405_114429.jpg 20210504_161511.jpg

Attached Files:

jksoft and Phl218 like this.
  18. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I thought I knew my fish pretty good ... but no clue WTF is that ?
    Edit: some weird striped grouper?

19. Bugslayer

It's a Pargo. They are fighters. The little guy i'm holding up on the kayak got to go back swimming.

20. Captain Morgan

Nice barred pargo