1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mexico is calling... and I must answer

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Dood.
    That’s a monster snook!

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Will let you know when I'm in that area for sure.

3. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Grilled over some jasmine rice with a side of steamed veggies.

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

It was a tricky fish. Don't get that big by being stupid. Saw him/ probably her based on the size come up on the bait behind the boat slow but enough to scare the bait fish. Put on a stupid 1/o hook that I use for yellowtail snapper and a light leader. Pitched the sardine in the shadow on the edge of the light and game on. 39' inches, so close to my 40 inch goal

5. Captain Morgan

Rented and enduro for the weekend, some fun riding. Ended up on a beach with a nice campsite w amenities. Boca de iguanas in the same bay as Manzilla, not to be confused with the big town called Manzillo an hour south

motion likes this.
  6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

That bay looks muy bueno.

7. Captain Morgan

spelled wrong, Manzanilla/ Manzanillo

8. Captain Morgan

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

1200 miles in and all great. The KLR has been brilliant. Currently in Cabo San Lucas.

BigBird, HPPT, scottn and 9 others like this.
  10. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

So I know you have done a bunch of these long rides, is your butt already sore?

My only long ride was from Dallas TX to Peoria, IL via Arkansas curvy roads. I took 3 days and I crashed the 1000R Nonja on an unmarked corner where my ambition outweighed my skill set the first night.

Got popped for speeding once, the radar detector went crazy with instant on and I was busted. Then the next day rolling through hills in Missouri, I had been running at about 120 for awhile, crested a hill, and there is a cop sotting in the center grass. So I pull over knowing I’m busted, He asks me if I have a guilty conscience and sends me on my way. So lucky!!!!:beer:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  11. ChemGuy

Did you blast down in 1 day or stop over?

If I ever had to run and hide in Mexico I would go to Mulege. I love that place.

12. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah Mulege and the bay of conception. Good to hear you had a safe trip, how about some pics.

13. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Enjoy It'syour day!

The longest Ride I've ever taken I think was 1986ish.
    I drove my RZ350 from Los Angeles to the Grand Canyon, well not a long ride at around 500 miles each way free 18 year old it seemed like the edge of the flat Earth! That was living.

Really no such thing as adventure bikes back then what is more less Harleys or gold wings for long trips my uncle's made fun of me for the little "Jap" biker " popcorn machine" but I went ahead and persisted.
    In reality that lil RZ 350 was extremely comfortable , when I think about it it was pretty darn good a long flat tank A lay down on, a little windshield a real thick padded seat. I'm guessing it had in some cases better ergonomics than many modern adventure bikes, hell you could even put your feet on the ground easily !

would if I had to do it again change a couple mistakes that I made for being young and impulsive less than a day's notice and planning.

I had had it geared down with a 16 tooth sprocket which made it a (buzz bomb) my hands went SOooooo numb...lol

It was winter time which for many of you would laugh but for me it was cold in the Southwest

I did not carry enough 2-stroke oil I remember rolling into some small gas station 10- 15 miles out of a city with no injector oil and I actually poured regular motor oil in and and drove slowly to the town...A old man who ran the gas station said "go slow no more than 20 miles an hour! youll be fine" and I was ! and that bike ran for many years after.
    I remember it like it was yesterday, I'm assuming you will remember your adventure for many years to come with the same Outlook which brings a smile to your face.

Another friend once told me it's not the rides that go flawless that you remember. it's all the little crazy funny problems you have along the way.. whatever they may be that's what stands out in your mind at the end of it all.
    Have fun Sir and LIVE a life!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    BigBird, YamahaRick and motion like this.
  14. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Shush yourself on that Mulege talk, it's horrible down here....:)

motion and ChemGuy like this.
  15. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Wow, what a cool looking place. I was just cruising around on google street view trying to get a feel for it and man, that looks awesome. Hmm.

motion likes this.
  16. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Took me a couple days to get my saddle butt back, but all good now. The KLR is pretty roomy, so I can shift positions.

Ran into a group of guys who lost one in the group to a bad crash. Won't go into details as the cops are involved. The guy is pretty messed up and back in the USA in a hospital for multiple surgeries.

Gotta be careful in Mexico.

BigBird likes this.
  17. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I would but uploading pics on the Beeb is a major pita.

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Took my time.... 5 days to get down here.

BigBird and K51000 like this.
  19. ChemGuy

Dang. You really were on Manana time....

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

A KLR is not making it all the way to Cabo in one day. Nothing short of nightime insanity is.

gixxerboy55 and motion like this.