1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May 2017 Grattan and Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Schedules are online here - http://maps.wera.com/schedule/?x=1098 and pre entry is open for both events.

Should be a great season opener for the North Central Region at Grattan - be on your best behavior as we're send the boss and Emily both up there :D

Vegas will be a good time too with the sidecars and all the normal racing fun.

JJJerry and Wade Parish like this.
  2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I will be riding a V6 HW at Grattan. Is my only race the #2 race on Sunday? To race on Saturday would I have to ride up a class or do one of the 1 thru 10 races include V6 HW. I do not know what all these abbreviated designations mean.

Since it appears I will be racing Sunday does that mean I do not have to pay extra for Sunday practice?

What practice group do I ride with since none specifically say V6 HW?

Thank You

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Since Saturday is a Vintage/Solo day yes, you'd have to ride the HW Solo on a V6 HW machine. No you would not pay for Sunday practice. You can practice with the modern group your bike fits in best. If you do well on it then it's normal displacement category, if it's slower then drop down a category.

4. dave3593

Thank you!

If I make Grattan on 6/10-11 instead of 5/6-7 will there still be an opportunity for Sportsman V6 HW?

As you may remember from my previous posts I have not raced before, only track days. I am in my final planning stage.

How's Grattan's camping? Can I stay in my van in the pits?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No problem on camping. Slept in my van there many a night. The June Grattan is a double header so it'll have V6HW both days. If you're doing the school this might be a better choice, just do the school Saturday and then race Sunday.

6. dave3593

Sweet, Thanks!

7. guidout

guidout Active Member

Temperatures at grattan are looking damn low. Should I buy a set of street tires? like Q3? any suggestion?
    thanks