1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You guys still do not understand what professional racing is. It is NOT about the classes. It is NOT about the racers skill levels. It IS about the show. Girls wrenching/racing attracts a segment of society as fans that MA obviously wants - as they should. That's all there is to it. It is show business that happens to use racing as its focus.

2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Training more female motorcycle road racers and mechanics is a good long term business strategy. Having them in the paddock will help draw more fans.

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

It's almost like majority of racers don't understand simple marketing. It's fucking genius.

backcountryme likes this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

it's a check...

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Of course it is. RE can showcase their bike to cater to women riders, and judging by their sales, its working. Yes, us seasoned racers aren't interested in slow bike with slow riders, but for the most part, you wouldn't be watching anyways.

MotoAmerica gets a nice sponsorship check, and RE is selling motorcycles. Im not gonna knock the hustle. Now I will say that if there is a time to micx up the schedule for unforseen shit that can happen, then thye need to get put to the end of the program.

6. Yama-saurus

Yama-saurus Well-Known Member

Peeps I talked to said the BTR was close to getting the axe due to the $$ that the "class that shall not be named" was offering for more dates and races.

Shenanigans likes this.
  7. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I'm stoked the Twins get 2 races per weekend. Bummed that we'll miss RA, and COTA (again) and that we lost VIR, but I get it. We're a support class, that's how it is.

If the goal is a healthy series, they are going to want the best riders to fill the grid in the premier classes. Having a huge field of Twins or STK 1000's doesn't achieve that. Go to the big boy classes, (Superbike Cup / Supersport) or deal with being a part of the support show.

We can all bitch about the baggers and BTR (and there's plenty to bitch about), but they're paying the bills. I don't have to be happy about it, though.

koth442, Waterboy and YamahaRick like this.
  8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I was going to say I dont know anyone watching that class. I dont think many cant even name the top 3 in the championship.
    But for a gut check I just went to MA youtube page. It does seem that people are interested in it, it has more views that Twins Cup.
    I stand corrected.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And checks are what makes professional motorsports what they are.

backcountryme and stk0308 like this.
  10. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Kayla said she has some news coming soon.

12. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Warhorse Twins Cup bike or Landers Twins Cup bike?

Cant wait to watch her take a step up next year - I assume back in MA but obviously overseas as well if she gets a chance.

koth442 and henry_carlson like this.
  13. henry_carlson

id guess r3 cup if she can fund it and a go on a twins bike, i dont know with whom but she seems to be aligning with Yamaha so id reckon its an r7 maybe independent

14. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Well if it's on a Yamaha R7 why not have Richie Stanboli prep her an R7 and put her under their tent at Progressive/Fresh n Lean Attack yadayadayada... Yamaha?

THAT would be cool!

15. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Posted recently on her FB.

Attached Files:

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The important news is she'll be on a 600 next weekend at Roebling :D

17. henry_carlson

18. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

Cam B adjusting nicely to the BMW.

Attached Files:

koth442 and Boman Forklift like this.
  19. henry_carlson

And PJ is there, glad to see he is staying!

MachineR1 and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

I’m thinking they do a 3 bike team with Corey, Cam and PJ.

Also, no Jake Lewis for M4. Is that seat open?

henry_carlson likes this.