1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA 2023 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by kenessex, Sep 29, 2022.

1. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

nothing is confirmed but you summed the rrw story up very well. this was said by Sean Bice on the Discord server:
    "There was something that was very specifically incorrect or incomplete in the Roadracing World story about Tytlers Cycle Racing. The team owner told me that at Barber. He is not happy about that story that was published. There were no sources quoted nor attributed in it." He then followed it two days later up by hinting the deal is done but they (MotoAmerica) are sitting on the announcement, "Yes, and rider announcements. We are still in a holding pattern on Tytlers Cycle Racing's riders for 2023, per request of the team owner. News to come on that."

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds normal, they won't give details and then get mad when details aren't published.

3. BigBird

BigBird blah

4. BigBird

BigBird blah

5. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

Sched.JPG
    might warrant its own thread

6. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Is that really saying no Twins cup at Barber??? Hopefully I am not understanding.

7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It's a very confusing graphic but yeah that's how I read it

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Twins cup at Barber round 2 is how I read it.
    The D200 is round 0 I think.

noles19 likes this.
  9. noles19

So at Barber but not road america

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I am thinking I got it wrong. LOL Prob wont race it anyways, but I would hate to not see them there. Its clearly the best class with the best riders.

TLR67, henry_carlson and noles19 like this.
  11. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

12. noles19

Seems like they are giving everyone nothing they asked for.
    And stock 1000 is definitely getting the shaft

Boom likes this.
  13. Circacee

Circacee Well-Known Member

and no JR Cup at Laguna nor Ridge.. STK1000 is definitely getting the shaft but because they have "superbike cup", we will see a bigger grid for SBK races.

Shit blows.

14. 2blueYam

Right. Twins at Road Atlanta, Barber, Ridge, Laguna, Pitt and NJ. Not at Road America, Brainard or COTA.

Good news is the travel will be more worthwhile for most classes. Double races for all classes / rounds except two SS rounds and one BTR round.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

No Superbikes in conjunction with COTA MotoGP. I liked having them there.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  16. WillMill

WillMill CRA MN #633

Three SBK races at Laguna and Pitt, and extended length, double points paying SS races at Barber and Laguna..

17. 2blueYam

Maybe Evolve GT / ASRA will show up with a support class or two. :D

18. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Twins has the same amount of races (14) as 2022, but going to 7 rounds saves a bunch of travel/lodging costs. sstk1000 can always race sbk at rounds they don't have a race. Are they still doing sbk cup?
    Jr Cup misses out on the west coast and COTA, a blessing for east coast based racers.
    BTR blows... Was hoping that crap went away..

Triple X and Gino230 like this.
  19. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

Triple X likes this.
  20. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I wonder if Royal Enfield is banking the BTR race AND giving money to MA. It makes no sense to have that class in a professional race setting.

Boom and ungwaha like this.