1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Aug 1, 2022.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not smart enough to be a lawyer, thankfully

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

If he is and seeing his investment acumen, he’d get you the death penalty for jaywalking

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Last I looked 20-30? Never been an esprit fan so I don’t follow them. Would like an old elan someday, but that may never happen.

I actually like the car, so maybe that didn’t come across, I like the Evora very much too, which it is somewhat based off of.

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup: Winner winner chicken dinner!!!

I think those would be a much better investment versus the Lotus.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2022
  4. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

ah, victim complex. got it. Everyone here is just out to get you. Has nothing whatsoever to do with you or your decision making. lol

5. quikie

quikie Fugitive at Large

Uh... getting back to the original topic, heck yeah get one. They look sexy as hell. I'd consider one if we had a Lotus dealer close by.

I'd say if you're not counting on reliability but just something that's going to be a joy to drive. Go for it.

What color are you thinking?

6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

How is homeownership not a good long term investment. Asking for a friend

7. Boman Forklift

I can only guess for our hard asset Bitcoin man.

He is probably looking at how ridiculously expensive stuff is in S.Cal and saying it doesn’t make sense here from a cash flow perspective. I haven’t shopped rates lately but I think he maybe right.

I paid 292k and put 100k into our place back in 95. It is supposedly worth 1.65 now, which maybe down some now but just trying to illustrate the ridiculous prices out here….thank god we got in years ago

Since even in Iowa per @G97 everything is over a million, it may be hard in his neighborhood too.

The mortgage with 10% down on my place assuming 5.5% interest and a 1.5m mortgage is:

8500 per month
    225. Association fee
    30 Lake access
    1650 taxes per month @1.2% and that is probably low

You could probably rent my place for 5k and that would include a gardener, association and lake pass already paid for.

So he can rent here and take the savings to buy elsewhere and come out ahead. As long as he does buy something somewhere.

Plus if prices fall 10-20% which they easily could that is significant savings for waiting awhile.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  8. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Home prices are not projected to fall significantly anytime soon in even the most wildy pessimistic projections. A decline to more normal appreciation rates is still a year or two off unless something stupid happens. I'm in FL and a good third of houses are still going over list here.

Sudowoodo and TurboBlew like this.
  9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Must be an awesome place to live!
    [​IMG]

10. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I would think that would be heavily dependent on market both in terms of location as well as size.

I can't see any logical reason for modest single family homes in modest neighborhoods of small-medium sized towns to drop significantly. But cookie-cutter 5k sf McMansions on postage stamp lawns in suburban metro hell in hot markets are gonna get crushed.

11. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Valid point in California.

12. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Look guys, not all of us could buy homes when Reagan was president…

:D
    upload_2022-8-1_22-20-13.png

NemesisR6, ducnut and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  13. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

yeller cars…:D

14. Boman Forklift

Actually it is pretty ducking fantastic place to live. There are issues like anywhere. But when I look around and see how much all these used to be cheap places have become, it makes it much less attractive to leave.

Obviously weather is the biggest reason, and I haven’t been anywhere in the US that comes close. Maybe there are places, probably for me Florida weather would be next, but damn that heat and humidity gets old.

R1Racer99 likes this.
  15. Boman Forklift

Hey homeslice, get your insults correct, it was when Clinton was president.

TurboBlew likes this.
  16. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Dude ... you have one minute to edit this ...

17. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

because depreciating assets > than appreciating assets that can be leveraged for further acquisitions of other investment properties.
    But dont let the metro market of SoCal scare you... I mean youre making 6 figs, before the decimal, in a market where hungry sharks have 8+ figs of liquidity. Oh and just a smidge of market timing to really put the cherry on top of your imaginary portfolio...lol

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Once more in Engrish.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

he’s saying I’m an idiot

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

South FL still has rabid multifamily complexes being constructed because of the single family home market shortage. Never mind you have the wealthy 3rd world investors wanting to park some loot on US soil.
    The multifamily rental complexes can be converted to coop or condo for beginning & fixed income ending type investors.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.