1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightened rotors and chain alignment tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by Phat Chance, Jul 7, 2008.

1. Phat Chance

Phat Chance Silence, I kill you!

We can machine your rotors. We don't have a source for buying rotors other than the dealers or Ebay

2. jdgun_13

jdgun_13 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to see some pics of the front rotors you have done for the 1098/1198,..any hard data on weight savings?
    also seen on here you recommend new buttons?

3. Phat Chance

I don't recommend new buttons, if the stock ones are in good shape.

Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the fronts.

4. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Some pics of the KTM rotor my brother just got back, very nice work...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Phat Chance

Great pictures! Thanks for the kind words.

6. Phat Chance

Happy holidays everyone and thanks for all the business this past year.

7. plustiano

plustiano Well-Known Member

Hey im just 30 min. south of you. where is your shop? im coming from hinesville georgia

8. Phat Chance

our address is in my signature line:D

9. Phat Chance

We are having a Sale on Rotor work! $10.00 each off any standard Lightening job.

Cheers and have a great season!

Thanks for the business last year!!

10. jdgun_13

jdgun_13 Well-Known Member

how long is this good for?
    I wont be home for another 50 days, can i pay for the service and send the rotor in when i get back from Iraq?

11. bsinclair

bsinclair Well-Known Member

jimmy, by standard does that include your wave pattern? if so i just got a call yesterday to pay for a set you just did...lol

12. Phat Chance

I'll honor the sale for any service man.

Yes the wave pattern too!

13. JBOOGIE

JBOOGIE Active Member

Jimmy-Got a rear coming to you tomorrow from Atlanta(if I have time) off an R6. I printed out the order form and will include it. Also, I hope to have another one coming off a used set soon. Thanks!

Justin

14. ducatiboy

ducatiboy Well-Known Member

PM sent.

15. 636felon

636felon New Member

difference

i just downloaded your rotor order form, what is the diffence between AMA and Wave. thanks

16. ryanbabin526

ryanbabin526 Well-Known Member

Gonna be shipping a rear rotor to you tomorrow. Is the sale still on? The rotors in the pics looks awesome btw.

17. Phat Chance

yes it is still going on....

18. Phat Chance

Here is a copy of an answer that I gave to a question about the alignment tools.

Craig.

I didn't say that you could measure the triples! What I said was... With one of the rods in the front axle.... you can put a straight edge across the top triple so that it is touching both forks or fork caps. We do this so that the straight edge is parallel with the front axle. Now, if you stand on the pegs and sight down across the parallel and the tool in the front axle you can see if they are in line with each other or not. If you notice that they are not parallel with each other then you KNOW that you have a problem. It will most certainly be a bent fork or a bent triple or both. This method is simply a quick reference to see if everything is visibly straight or not.

It requires another method to actually measure the triples to see if they are straight.

19. DocHawk

DocHawk Well-Known Member

Can you post pictures of the AMA and Wave types of cuts?

20. QfactorSV

QfactorSV Well-Known Member

Shipping rotors to you this weekend.

Q