1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Licensing school/Mock Race

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Gorilla George, Jan 9, 2011.

1. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

:moon: Don't want to piss myself when the fast experts come by :)

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

That certificate will get you a Provisional Novice license with WERA. After 2 successful races on different weekends, while wearing a bright orange shirt so everybody knows you're a PN, WERA will give you a Novice license.

3. Hyper08

Hyper08 Well-Known Member

I thought the Bargy school counted as one of the two weekends. Is this not correct?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2011
  4. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

School counts as one weekend, you can race the same weekend with WERA, and you only have to do ONE race over the weekend. As long as you dont crash, at the end of the weekend youre PN status is complete.

In other words, Laz, "yes".

5. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

I suppose we are provided with the bright orange shirts?

6. ToddClark

WERA School, you'll get the bright orange.

Ed Bargy Racing School, you'll get bright green.

7. gixxer357

gixxer357 Well-Known Member

What about if you attended another school? I did Cornerspeed last March to get my PN license and will race this year. Will I be provided a shirt or......?

8. ToddClark

When you register for the weekend, you'll have to show your "diploma" from Cornerspeed. They should give you an orange shirt to wear, but you'll probably have to ask for it.

9. I still have my green shirt from Ed's school and wear it around the house. It is sweet. :D

10. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I wore my orange shirt to the Indy GP practice....got noticed!

ANY shirt over your leather will do. It just lets everyone know you're fresh meat:up:

11. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

I just took the licensing school and did the mock race with a local track club. It was fun. They did the class over a &r@*% day and held three 20minute classes after some of the sessions then did the race at the end of the day. I'll play in this track's club racing for the year since travel wise it is only 45minute drive for me then by next year my lady should be warmed up for me to travel to some WERA events other than Fontana, another 45minutes from me.

I was just going to run my 750 in the open class but now the bug has bit harder and I'll probably keep my 600 I was going to sell and run two classes.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Definitely a good choice to keep the 600.

13. cNYnCArvr

cNYnCArvr A little bit of this...

Yeah, I'll probably keep that one, 600, set up to run both clubs since the rules will be different for the open class.

14. LuckyBoi

LuckyBoi Active Member

one of the two race schools i went to, they made it clear that if you crash, you're out --- or you better have a good reason and understand why you crashed. that's cool. cause we all make mistakes.

one dude kept running off the track. he was out of control in my opinion. in one breath they gave him a stern talking to about it in another they celebrated his "ballsy" recovery even though he shot back onto the track in a way that could have been dangerous if there were traffic. he also apparently didn't see the finish flag and kept on blazing past people who were in their cool-down lap, including the instructors. he blazed past me while i was sitting up waving to the corner workers.

he shouldn't have passed but they passed him anyhow. when he left the school he said he probably isn't going to race due to $$$. nice kid. but good! i hope he never has enough money to race with me.

despite having this wack-job gridded up directly behind me, the mock race is a blast. it gave me incentive to get away from him. his problem if he rides over his head trying to catch me.

just race your own race without concern for winning. the time will come when you will have enough race experience under your belt and you can put your race face on and focus more on winning.

oh, and don't ask me which race school this was :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011