1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's talk cruisers....

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, May 24, 2023.

1. long path/road

long path/road let's think about this!..??

keep in mind straight line will run!! but won't turn..but will cruise if ya want ..

2. long path/road

shit didn't post working on this

3. long path/road

Attached Files:

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

A Ducati Monster and a Road King are two mostly perfect street bikes I think. You already own a Tuono so, I vote Road King!

gapman789 likes this.
  5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No Kawasaki Vulcan lovers here?

6. Cooter!

Cooter! Sarcasm level: Maximum

Had one and liked it. Dependable, rode nice, etc.

The thing about cruisers is that it's not about being 'better' in any measurable metric. Took me awhile to realize that. Theres a RoadGlide in my garage now.:beer:

7. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Why not get a Suzuki M109 and stuff a too big rear tire on it and then stuff a too big rear tire on front because it fits under the fender? Read the interweb and see everyone else has done it so it must be cool, safe, and OK? Don't buck trends and f common sense. Be a rebel like Pee Wee Herman, dammit!

Last edited: May 26, 2023
  8. Jim Moore

Jim Moore Well-Known Member

One Word: Valkyrie. Find an old one for $4000.

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Got it. Retail was ~$19K.
    Judging by MotoHunt's website, that pic you posted is on Long island? I saw a gray one on that site in York, PA. Looks pretty good, low miles, ~$15K. Otherwise, their FXDR offerings reflect prices closer to retail, even with mileage!

I wanna go into debt! :D
    https://www.yorkhd.com/default.asp?...&p=1&s=Year&d=D&sq=fxdr&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn Fred...that exhaust is an unsightly turd.

11. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

Disclaimer I do work for the mother ship so I get to spend a lot of time on the full indian lineup of bikes. Had a springfield dh for a demo last year and loved it. I'd also consider the chief line as it's the same motor and just a pure riot to ride with the lighter weight and shorter wheelbase. . Fee free to PM me if you have further questions.

Rico888 likes this.
  12. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

"Let's talk cruisers...."

That's what my Tracer 9 GT is.

gapman789 likes this.
  13. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Yeah, looks like some kind of RoboCop weapon. The stocker on the previously posted pic is better looking but EPA quiet.
    I don't think either would allow fitment of mid controls so I'd naturally, doing what HD riders do, go with straight pipes. :D
    Probably fit a fatter front tire, too. You know, make use of the dual disc set-up.
    Riding reviews on YT seem to favor the FXDR's handling and it looks nearly right in Denim Black (gray).

I'm not an HD guy and, if it weren't for the FXDR, I'd only be having one if it were one of two different custom builds. A King & Queen chopper or a Fatboy with full bodywork - making it reminiscent of a '50s Mercury lead sled. Of course, nothing but Ohlins, Brembo and Michelin (or Avon for the truly fat rears).

Sabre699 likes this.
  14. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

I was thinking that the Chieftan was a Springfield with a fairing?...I'm not ready for a full fairing yet....maybe in 15 yrs.

MachineR1 likes this.
  15. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

If was going to buy a brand new street bike today. It would be Triumph Scrambler 1200 or Street Twin 1200. Both will cruise you anywhere you want to go. Of course, you won’t be in the traditional cruiser clique.

16. gapman789

I was never concerned about resale value with a bike until I sold my '13 HD NRS for almost as much as I paid for it, 10 yrs later. So that's a nod for the RK. I could almost say that I owned my HD for free for 10 yrs, minus oil changes and gas. Still had original tires on it when I sold it....100% stock.

17. gapman789

18. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Out of those two....I'd go for the Indian.

19. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

They're the same bike!

Yeah for me Im not into the indian 'cowboy' style.

20. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

That Indian fucks.