1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laying down beside the track to cause a red flag?

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 5, 2022.

1. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Pat?

:confused:

TurboBlew and t500racer like this.
  2. 418

418 Expert #59

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

You're slipping.

:D

(I was guilty of this a week ago...)

418 likes this.
  4. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah this has backfired horribly. :D

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The only 2 times I crashed I ended up careening sufficiently far away that I would have had to get up, walk back over closer towards the asphalt and then plop myself back down.

Might've looked a bit suspicious.

6. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Well, it was under the WERA National Endurance Series, and not in General, so..... I'd think you'd get a pass. :)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    Sabre699 and 418 like this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

lay down next to your computer & make 100 pavement angels on the carpet for penance

8. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

The Jujitsu/MMA AMA-racer who crashed in the grass, but wandered onto the track to lay down and make snow angels and cause red flag, had the video scrubbed from the web :( Video has been gone for years, afaik

9. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It's still up on the Massingill and Midol sites.

SpeedyE, Razr and fastfreddie like this.
  10. I know but that’s not proper technique, he needs to go watch some old Yates footage. Travel trap is half assed pussy way, you at least put yourself and others in harms way and take the risk :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Actually 5 out of the 10 racers here think it was bullshit and not laughing.

Kyle Brosius and 418 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I will say I was wrong in my initial post and he didn't lay on the track, I got a couple of different reports mixed together. After clarifying with eyewitnesses he rode off to the wall, sat there waving his arms. Got off bike and walked to track edge waving his arms and freaking our riders on track. Walked back to the bike and "collapsed". We shut it down and call medical. They get there, rider is complaining of heat exhaustion, they get his helmet off and leathers unzipped and at that point he hears over the medical radio that we called the event due to not being able to go green within the 30 minute limit. His response at that point was "Fuck!" at which time he gets up, helps load his bike on the crash truck and catches a ride back with medical telling them about how he ran out of fuel.

It will be dealt with.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    MELK-MAN, Itey, gixer1100 and 5 others like this.
  13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Jesus. Incredible.

14. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

"Commissioner" ain't got shit on a pissed off Evelyne/Mom :crackup:

Fuzzy317, Shenanigans, 50Joe and 7 others like this.
  16. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

17. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Its not heat exhaustion since he helped put the bike on the crash truck trailer. When I had heat exhaustion this year my body went numb, couldn't move and didn't know where I was. He was on his bike with his hands up like he fucked up, then got off the bike with his hands still up.
    Bullshit for sure.

50Joe, noles19 and SpeedyE like this.
  18. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

With HotTar and Feathers?? 3' ScrewDrivers...? Bamboo under his finger and toe nails?? :)

Shenanigans likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Waterboarding.

20. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Quoted for Mongo admitting to be wrong!