1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laying down beside the track to cause a red flag?

Discussion in 'General' started by 418, Sep 5, 2022.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Any of ya'll ever do that?

Due to heat exhausting, of course.

Asking for a friend.

This place is slippin.

2. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Nope, just a drop kick here and there...

backbone, SpeedyE and pickled egg like this.
  3. You lay on the track to cause a red, no beside it :) or a hood drop kick. Anyone worth a shit has done both in their career :)

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hoping for a red flag and getting your head run over.....premier plan.

Gixxerguy855 and 418 like this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

The 10 people here who race or care about club racing are chuckling...

6. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL ... :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

a racer in the SE is handicapped by heat & humdity??
    Whats the P word that rhymes with cat?? No facts just conjecture please!!!

MELK-MAN and sheepofblue like this.
  8. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Slow response over here. On TDJU they already have screenshots of the guy's entries for the weekend, his FB profile pics, ride by videos of him on the side of the track, and are roasting him and Mongo for ruining racing.

We're still beating the claiming rules guy to death.

Steeltoe, jksoft, MELK-MAN and 5 others like this.
  9. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Pat?

Steeltoe, YamahaRick, sdg and 3 others like this.
  10. 418

418 Expert #59

Yeah TDJU is a bit much but I hope the guy gets all the ridicule he deserves.

MELK-MAN and SpeedyE like this.
  11. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

It’s times like this where the small sadistic part of me misses Facebook.

12. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

no, but as someone whos had heat exhaustion once on a hike i can say that if felt like that i would be moving pretty slow off track, maybe not at all. on the hike i was having serious debate about being left in the middle of nowhere while my wife went to get water, help, something. my legs stopped wanting to work. if it wasnt for her pushing me on, i likely wouldve given up and been in big trouble. we were in desert with no one around for miles and miles... then came the throwing up etc...good times lol. btw im physically fit - not really someone you would think it would happen to.

but ive never been in that position or even close racing, and i raced in some damn heat at willow too, plus the SE.

Boman Forklift and MELK-MAN like this.
  13. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

IF he was really not passed out. Where he was on the track, I don't think anyone could have gotten to him because of the walls but I'm not sure.

TDJU is ridiculous, they gang up on everyone and 99% of them never raced a day in their life. Can be entertaining, though.

418 likes this.
  14. I heard about the situation and it could be legit, even if they made it to the downhill. Yesterday was hot and humid as heck, it can happen. The decisions the person made before the heat exhaustion could be questionable but I don’t have those details either. My currently out of shape ass wouldn’t be pushing a bike up a hill of any sort of size and my team would be well aware of that going into the race. I’m sure if it a legit heat exhaustion they were giving all their effort to get back to the pits, that’s endurance racing as we all know.

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Any links? I have no idea what y'all are referring to.

16. 418

418 Expert #59

There is "reports" that he laid down and then got up and laid back down closer to the track....

17. TurboBlew

Had to layer down maaaaan

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Guy ran out of fuel during endurance race on the back straight at RoadA.

A GoPro on another bike caught him with his hands up in the air, stationary on the left hand side of the track going into T9.

Same GoPro caught him next lap laid out like a rag doll beside his bike. Which is what caused the red flag and ended the race.

Guy claims he suffered heat exhaustion.

The legitimacy of said guy needing any assistance has been put to question and people are pissed because WERA called he race due to the red flag.

The end.

p.s. This is all third party information.

50Joe and MELK-MAN like this.
  19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Aegerter did it in the gravel trap. :)

20. TurboBlew

SpeedyTide likes this.