1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Las Vegas Motor Speedway 4/5/15

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by irwnn, Apr 7, 2015.

1. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Drove to Vegas. :clap:

Found three crews in the paddock. :wow:

Asked what's up. :confused:

Told racing was cancelled due to wind. :Puke:

Drove home. :(

Sláinte,
    Pete

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, sorry Pete, seriously. I put it on facetubes and hoped between that and word of mouth no one would be caught out by the cancellation.

Between a seriously green slippery track and the high winds forecast for Sunday it just didn't seem safe. I would have much rather been at the track than sitting in a hotel room listening to the howl through the windows.

3. rhouck

rhouck wat?

A good reminder that for people who "Like" the WERA page, you also have to click "Add to interests list", otherwise you only see a small percentage of what actually gets posted (unless WERA decides to pay to boost its posts).

Glad to hear Sat turned out okay, and at least I don't feel as bad about having to miss the weekend... (stuck at home doing tow vehicle repair)

Bad luck with the wind for WERA West... as Round 1 Sat practice was canceled due to it too. Hopefully Round 3 is wind-free :up:

4. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

No worries. I won't say I wasn't incredibly disappointed, but shit happens; whatcha gonna do? It turned out to be a very expensive dinner date in Vegas. ;)

I did walk the track with my girlfriend and my boy, T-dog, before we high-tailed it back home and T slipped and busted his ass several times running around out there... yep, green, slick track indeed.

[​IMG]

Sláinte,
    Pete

5. irwnn

irwnn Well-Known Member

Ah FB, how I loathe thee. And yet you drag this cantankerous old hermit in...

Thanks for the heads up rhouck, I'd have never known.

Sláinte,
    Pete