1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kyle Wyman wins Harley-Davidson stunner; finishes 6th in Daytona 200 debut

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by KWyman133, Mar 18, 2014.

1. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Kyle Wyman wins Harley-Davidson stunner; finishes 6th in Daytona 200 debut

DAYTONA BEACH (Mar. 18) -- 'Kyle Wyman wins Daytona' has become a familiar phrase in the motorcycle racing industry. The KWR team owner grabbed his third win in four attempts at the famed Daytona International Speedway on Friday during a 7 lap drafting war in the AMA Pro Harley-Davidson series opener.

As if the Harley-Davidson race was merely a warm-up for Saturday, race rookie and Millennium Technologies rider Wyman took home a 6th place result in his first ever Daytona 200, matching his best AMA Pro Daytona Sportbike race result.

[​IMG]
    Brian J Nelson 2014​

"I just want to press the rewind button and relive the entire weekend," Wyman said. "I'm looking back and trying to remember all the great moments we had at Daytona this year, and it all just went by too fast. What a day we had on Friday, winning the Harley race at Daytona for a third time, then to have a strong showing in the 200, I'm just so proud of my Millennium Technologies/Ballistic Performance Components crew and sponsors for giving me such a great opportunity."

[​IMG]
    Brian J Nelson 2014​

Wyman, now the AMA Pro Vance & Hines Harley-Davidson series points leader for 2014, started from the 3rd position on the grid for the always-exciting H-D final. He said it was just like 2013's race.

"I knew it was going to be a 12-rider drafting war from start to finish," commented Wyman, who also led the most laps of the race. "It was just like last year's battle, and was going to come down to the last lap run from the chicane to the finish line. I can barely remember what happened in those closing stages, but apparently it worked out again for me."

[​IMG]
    Brian J Nelson 2014​

As for his Daytona 200 debut, Wyman started from 13th on the grid after failing to put together a clean lap during final qualifying. He credited his climb to sixth place during the 57-lap, 200 mile race to his KWR/Millennium Technologies crew, who completed two sub-14 second pit stops and built one very fast Yamaha YZF-R6 to take to the high banks.

"I can't say enough about our crew chief, Neil Freeman, and all the guys who really came together and worked like a well Lucas-oiled machine," Wyman added. "They did such an amazing job on the pit stops, the bike was always in tip-top shape for every session and I'd be willing to bet we had more fun than any other crew out there. It was an experience and memory that I will cherish forever."

[​IMG]
    Jeff Soucek 2014​

Wyman thanked his many sponsors, such as Yamaha Champions Riding School, Lucas Oil, SBK Corse, Harv's Harley-Davidson, Evol Technology, Arai Helmets and Sidi Boots, but also a friend who added a boost of morale to the crew just moments before the start of the Daytona 200.

"I also want to thank our good friend Tommy Aquino, who recently passed, for something very special that happened to us before the 200, something that brought life into our crew and made us appreciate and enjoy each others' company more than ever. I dedicate our results this weekend to his memory and to everyone who has become a better person because of Tommy. We will all miss him very much, and his spirit will live in this paddock eternally."

To follow Kyle's career, visit www.facebook.com/kylewymanfans

To build a bike as fast as Kyle's, visit www.mt-llc.com

--30--

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

3. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great job man.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

:up::up:

5. CharlieY