1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kx85 12" or 17" wheels

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by Newtothegame, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Newtothegame

Newtothegame Well-Known Member

I jus got myself a kx85 on minimoto 12" wheels. I bought the bike with the wheels but everyone else at the track has 16" or 17" wheels. I am curious to know what the opinions are for the pros n cons of each set-up. Thanks in advance

2. Toadmeister00

Toadmeister00 Well-Known Member

Since it's already set up on 12s, ride it and see how it goes. You're either going to love it or hate it, it's just a personal preference thing. I have ridden both and prefer 17s.

The 12s can be too "twitchy" for some and the ground clearance can be a problem (pegs/ boots dragging).

The general idea is that 12s may be "better" on a tight, technical track, where the 17s may be "better" at fast, flowing tracks.

Newtothegame likes this.
  3. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

I love 12's! You should really try 12's first. Especially using PMT's. You will be surprised on how hard you can push.

4. Newtothegame

I have 12 pmt streets on right now. I've ridden with them and haven't had any issues I was just curious to any differences

5. RayRay

RayRay Well-Known Member

You save a little $$$ using 12's vs 17's. From the riding I do and the guys I ride with (depending on the track) the 12" last longer than the 17" . Wheels are cheaper too.

The 17'' are more stable but the 12" are way more fun.

6. Newtothegame

Yea the 12s really seem to magnify ur faults