1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kidney stones suck

Discussion in 'General' started by This old Rz, Mar 24, 2023.

1. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

This really M***** F***ing hurts,.
    E.R. waiting room sucks.

That's about all I can say

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Did you know it was kidney stones before you went into the ER?

3. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Just picture this scraping through a tube designed to only carry liquid.

Every peristaltic contraction is that tube squeezing this a tiny bit further along. Then it'll sit in your bladder until it decides to make the quick run out through Mr Happy. That trip is mercifully quick, but you really don't have a choice as to when it happens. But when that thing drops into the urethra, IT IS COMING OUT RIGHT F******G NOW!!!! Hopefully there's a bathroom within 10 or 15 seconds.

[​IMG]

Brian_J and CBRRRRR999 like this.
  4. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

I had this a year ago. Be ready for 3-4 days of agony.
    The ER will confirm that you have stones, and send you home.
    It ain't over til you poop

5. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Pure misery for both men and women, those things are level 10 pain.

6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Yes, they do! hopefully they give you some Toradol, and have you drink lots of water to pass it. had this happen about 18 months ago, unexpected, and the worse pain I ever experienced. hoping you have a quick turn around. Ski

7. simmoto

simmoto Member

I feel for you. I get them regularly. I grew a 1.5cm beauty in 2021. They did lithotripsy to break it up. All the little shards jammed up my ureter. Was in agony for three days. Put a stent in me then went back later to get all the little shards removed through my pee hole. Good times. It's one of the top 20 worst pains and human can experience.

8. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I've had 2 things double me over with pain... Sneezing a day or so after hernia surgery and passing a kidney stone. Good luck to you.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Some of us have a longer trip to send them on than others… ;)

10. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Cranberry juice regularly,worked for me

11. This old Rz

Pretty much knew it..had a bad attack 20 yrs ago...I knew I had some..but was told they weren't moving..
    Oh yeah..just gave me a injection...
    Yea .the pain is tough. In the sense that it's unrelenting..it literally feels as if someone is squeezing your organs over & ove and over.. Man O' Man am I tired..only slept 1 hr last night....
    We'll see what the next few days bring .
    Last time I was pretty much unconscious. But they did break them up...I think they might be sending me home this time on a wait & see what happens basis...UGgggggg.
    Well see:timeforabeer::Pop::Puke:

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  12. auminer

You've clearly never had 2nd degree burn debridement in the cup of your collarbone. Around the ears hurt, across the shoulders stung, down the middle of the spine was a bitch... but something about getting the dead skin scrubbed off the tender area by the collarbone made me scream like a little girl.

Having had that, and the above crystalline monstrosity... I'd take the kidney stone eleventy to nothing. I don't think that the human brain is capable of processing relativistic comparisons of agony past that level.

13. auminer

Hey, I've never been so grateful that I wasn't a ""soul brother too beaucoup""! :crackup::crackup::crackup:

14. This old Rz

IMG_20230324_184319556~2.jpg
    Okay seriously , Doctor said drink A LOT of fluids....

KneeDragger_c69, Phl218 and Razr like this.
  15. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen them put some of the toughest people I know in the fetal position. Hope it passes quick!

16. auminer

That wallet is bitchin'.

My Saddleback might actually be jealous..................... nahhh

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Does it say "Bad Mother Fucker"?

18. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

unfortunately, beer, and distilled alcohol are things that make the attacks more frequent, and severe. that and high fructose corn syrup. the stones are also tied to gout as well. and just about everything you consume has purines in it, which causes attacks, and flares of both. lots of water, lots of tart cherry juice, or supplements, or both. Ski

Phl218 likes this.
  19. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So now we're going to see the doc for pain? F&cking pussies.

auminer likes this.
  20. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member