1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kevin Olmedo

Discussion in 'General' started by cBJr, Jan 20, 2023.

1. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

MELK-MAN, ducnut, R1M370 and 2 others like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, I had no idea that people recovered from that. Always thought it was a one-way road. Good for him.

Gorilla George, BigBird, cBJr and 3 others like this.
  3. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

My last manager was hiking in the Smokeys when Guillain-Barre hit him. The left side of his body from the waist up went numb and he though he was having a stroke. It took several months but he fully recovered. Granted, it sounds like Kevin Olmedo's case was much worse. I think once you get it, you or more susceptible to it coming back at any time and certain other diseases and medicines can trigger it.

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Damn...that sucks big time.
    One tough mofo and all the hopes that his outlook and toughness will get him through this.

5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is so scary.
    I am glad he is recovering.

6. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

I have had to fortune to spend some time with Kevin, he's a great down to earth humble kid. I hope he has 100% recovery. He is a great ambassador for the sport.

7. Badger911GT3

Badger911GT3 Well-Known Member

I was completely shocked when I read that story this morning. So glad that he seems to be recovering.

8. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

I had a coworker that ended up with this after a flu vaccine of all things.

And my coworker was never the same, long long time on supplemental oxygen alone.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

In 1976 they stopped vaccinating people for swine flu after over 500 of them contracted Guillain-Barre syndrome, a rare neurological condition that causes temporary paralysis but can be fatal. Fifty of those people died.
    No one completely understands the causes of Guillain-Barre, but the condition can develop after a bout with infection or following surgery or vaccination.

Not my words but edited for brevity.

10. Sleeping Psycho

Sleeping Psycho Well-Known Member

Prayers and positivity to Kevin and his family and know you are in our thoughts. Warrior on Kevin