1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just by chance or luck.

Discussion in 'General' started by dave3593, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You're so polite describing that fat fucking piece of shit bitch.
    No doubt the mother of many productive citizens by numerous sperm donors.

Yzasserina likes this.
  2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Coulda been a vid! I used to tape a camcorder to the tank back then for "particular" rides but this was just another recreational outing for the day.
    When I related the incident to my riding partners for those "other" rides, they all asked if I had the camera onboard. :(:rolleyes:

Razr likes this.
  3. backho

backho Well-Known Member

I’m glad to hear that you made it through both incidents and the dog made it, too.
    I hope those animals that robbed you are rotting in some dank prison cell, too!!

4. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

Yeah, OP if you can remember where it was, please let us know. I can only think of a few sketchy exits where fuel is obvious and convenient enough for someone not from the area to stop at.

I subscribe to the whole foods theory when staying in places I don't know much about. They generally don't put a whole foods in a bad part of town, so if one is in the area I try to get a hotel nearby. Not 100% accurate, but it seems to work better than guessing.

cbush likes this.
  5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, after showing up to a Comfort Suites in Colorado Springs a couple of years ago and not even going inside, I check Google maps street view extensively around the area. Place was skeevy as hell, we got a different CS on the west side of town that was much better. Had to eat the cancelation fee, though.

I will keep the Whole Foods trick in mind.

6. cincigp

I also use crimegrade.org Again, neither is perfect, and crimegrade.org is based on population, so heavy commercial/industrial areas can look really bad simply because they have very few residents. However, it can give you a good idea how general areas compare to each other.

The whole foods theory did lead us to Highlands Ranch CO, and Overland Park KS when visiting Denver and Kansas City. Seemed to work really well for those two. Was definitely a good feeling when Ferrari of Denver was the same exit as our hotel.

7. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I was on I 275 on the east side of Cincinnati. I think (but not sure) that it was the State Route 32 exit at Eastgate area.
    When traveling with a trailer I usually stick to the Interstate travel plaza stuff cause they're always busy and roomy for trailers. This time I was on an outer belt. It was a local station like a UDF or similar. The place looked ok but was not right at the interchange like I prefer.

8. cincigp

I wasn't expecting you to say Eastgate, although I don't go that way very often so I'm not too familiar with what goes on behind the facade. Glad they ended up leaving you alone.

9. dave3593

This was the closest I ever came to a criminal encounter. This old Rz, that's some scarry crap there. And fastfreddies wall of death ride.

When I was 17 I borrowed my brothers car and broke it in half on a tree. Two feet further and my passenge and me would have just been greasy spots. My brother rode a dirt bike off a high wall once and split his sternum. He still has a crooked chest.

10. dave3593

Hey guys, tell some more.

11. sdg

sdg *

I have wondered for years where I heard that story...

12. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

Fortuitous

13. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hey that's my hood and we will take yo shit, ho!

dave3593 likes this.
  14. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I think I told it here a number of years ago. Not sure where it's at.