1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IOM TT Cancelled

Discussion in 'General' started by projekt9, Apr 24, 2001.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

If it will make any of you feel any better, I have some vinyl records (I know, what's that?) of Isle Of Man soundtracks. I think 1960 to 1962. Nothing but some guy telling you what motorcycle is about to come by and BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH or EEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU sounds, depending upon if it is a four stroke or two stroke.

I should play one, and hook it up to the PA system.

2. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Dude, that would be awesome!

Nothing like a little nostalgia...

3. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Hmm; how bout this? A 1948 souvenir program from the motorcycle races at Daytona. Yes, 14 years prior to my birth, seven years before my folks got married, and about 14 years before they started using the Speedway.

[​IMG]

Yeah, being old is good for some things I guess. :)

4. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

Wow, that is really cool Rick.
    I am guessing you have a collection.

By the way, did you order your Joey D
    Stamps from the IOM Post Office yet?

This way when we are really old...we can show-and-tell our grand kids about this guy,
    named Joey Dunlop and the greatest Roadrace
    of all time...

5. wera256

wera256 Well-Known Member

Racing in the IOM is also something that I will do with in the next few years. I have allot of friends who road race in Ireland and love it. I also have a friend who's aunt lives on the start/finish line in the IOM. Last year they where there and all they had to do was wake up to the sound of a SP1 flying past the window, Joey Dunlop himself. They got to drink a few pints with him at Bushys pub as well while they were there. I got to meet Joey at the Skerries road race a few years back, nice guy. Got to ride the closed circuit for a couple of laps(know one of the marshals) at the Skerries 100, the main road is fine but the back section is unreal, potholes etc. There was one American guy in the race but when he went down the back section and over the jump he pulled off and sat with us, the guy was shaking. Can't remember his name but it scared him the pace they where running. Some of the Irish road racers are totally fearless, I plan on racing there in a couple of years. There is only a couple of circuits in Ireland that's why road racing is so big. Check out the duke video of the North West 200 they have a 160 mph right hander in it on a secondary road that's enough to scare anyone. [​IMG]