1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insomnia?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Captain Morgan, Feb 25, 2020.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

In the last 3 years have been on a bad not normal sleep schedule. Was on the late restaurant schedule for the first 1/2 of my life. I'm on vacation now but pretty much see the sun come up every morning and the birds/ chickens chirping not by choice, sometimes can take a nap around 4pm for a couple of hours so no big deal. A lot of days if I didn't sleep the night before, I figured I should be able to sleep the next night, It doesn't happen.

But its rare I ever can sleep for 2 hours at a time. Out of 30 days 25 I'm up when the sun comes up from the night before and have had no sleep The last 4 days saw the sun come up, I should be happy for that but get pissed because I want to fall asleep. Some days I want to sleep but can't, unless I drink lots of rum and pass out. Woke up at 2:30 tonight, I'll see the sun come up this morning again

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Lay off the booze and get to bed on time.

3. Captain Morgan

I like my rum but don't get hammered everyday. If I don't drink in a day can't sleep, I'f I do drink can't sleep, a lot of rum in a day, pass out but usually wake up in the middle of the night and still can't sleep

4. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Get you a sack of weed. Indica.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. Captain Morgan

I wish, going back to work on boats, have a captains license, if anything goes wrong and you come up positive your fucked. Also my vacation is ending soon, have a rule I made myself a long time ago, I would never lose the opportunity of a good job for a bong hit. Looking into some weed stocks, not everyday a multi billion dollar business pops out of thin air with a politicians signature

Quicktoy likes this.
  6. Quicktoy

Then try cbd. Works great for sleeping

7. Captain Morgan

get back to florida next week. Don't know much about it but everything I hear is positive. Do you smoke it? Drink it?

Quicktoy likes this.
  8. Quicktoy

Just get the dropper and drop it right on tour tongue.

9. Captain Morgan

thanks, thats something I would try, not a fan of pills,not my thing

10. Quicktoy

Naah me either. It just comes in a bottle with a dropper top. Give yourself as few or as many drops as it takes.

11. Quicktoy

My doc got me onto cbd about 8-9 years ago when diagnosed with a brain tumor. It’s good stuff but I’m waiting for the federal govt to get on board with weed so I can sell guns and weed out of my same store!!!

Steeltoe likes this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Man, you may want to consider what that means.

13. Captain Morgan

What are you CNN, thats out of context. 5:19 here in Nicaragua and still awake

14. Captain Morgan

I did pass through a small town once where it was a gas station, a liquor store, and a gun store all in the same place, I remember laughing at what could go wrong there

15. Quicktoy

ATF should be the name of a convenience store.

16. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I will be your first customer. Hell, I'd prolly never leave.

TurboBlew and Quicktoy like this.
  17. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

See?

Market research is important before delving into a new business.

Now you know this one would be doomed to failure...

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I feel your pain, working midnights throughout my career certainly did a number on my sleeping habits. It took me about a 1 or two to finally normalize my sleeping patterns so hang in there. I found that using a sleeping aid helped me along, I didn't take it every night, maybe every other night til I mostly weened myself off needing it. My sleeping aid? NyQuil [or their ZQuil] and not even a full dose, maybe half helped me a lot. A lot of my peers used various aids like melatonin but that stuff I think you need to take daily to work, not the case with NyQuil or their Zquil. 'Needing' to drink to sleep will eventually wreak havoc on your liver and who knows what else!

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I bet if you swore off the firewater 100% for a month that you'd be amazed at how differently your body functions.

TurboBlew likes this.
  20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No, he is pointing out that you just may be an alcoholic.