1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were Nicky, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Apr 29, 2014.

1. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

We know that would never be allowed to happen, but fun to think about!

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Yep! And I think they are noticed. Just haven't had everything fall in place to get to GP or they are happy at the front of WSBK vs running mid pack in GP. Bigger paydays are nice and all. But money isn't everything. Personally I would love to see Nicky go to WSBK next year and replace Haslem. There's no doubt he's win races and possibly the title.

3. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I tell you what, I (and I bet I'm not the only one) would pay good money to see all of the aliens plus MM on Nicky's bike for a shoot out.
    I didn't call MM an alien as he is from a deeper part of outer space.

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Racing at the very highest level is much more about the bike then ability in comparison to lower levels. The top riders/driver earn those top machines by dominating at the lower levels and maximizing non-factory machines. They keep those top machines by dominating with them. Nicky lost his top spot by being beat out by Ped, simple as that.

Last edited: May 17, 2014
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Within the top level I agree. All on the exact same machine would see much closer racing.

6. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

How many of the RCV1000s are in the pipeline? Maybe 20, with enough stuff lying around to assemble another couple, I'm sure. Why not have a Spec "Super Duper Prestigio" with Spec bikes at Sepang, or some other place like that. Honda steps in with one bike (with one spare engine) per rider, enough crash spares for Alvaro and Smith, and Bridgestone brings one front and two rear compounds (okay, two fronts and rears). One day format. Two practice sessions, super pole, then two heat races. No points or trophies, just bragging rights.

Make it after the season ending test, see how it fits without violating the test ban. Maybe use "last year's bike." I am CERTAIN there would be television time available.

Who do I contact for my royalty checks?

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

An RCV1000R costs a helluva lot more than a CBR500, even for a 1 off race.