1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you were Nicky, what would you do?

Discussion in 'General' started by mmfoor, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

Fuck bitches, Make Money... :rock:

World Champions are forever!

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I don't know the guy but I stopped listening to his interviews on MotoGP.

They're kind of depressing....

That being said, he's master of his own life and I'm sure he's got a better handle on what he would prefer to do.

3. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Once you make a hobby your living it turns into work. Is it digging ditches? No. But it is still work.

4. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I would like to see him race flat track again. I would like to see all of the Hayden Brothers strap a hot shoe on again particularly at the Peoria TT.

5. He did say the part that you quoted, but I don't think he confirmed that he will stay in Moto GP till he's done. Unless of course by done, you just mean done with Moto GP.:D

I'm still not gonna rule out a WSBK title for him in the future.

6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:confused: Are district races paying that well these days?

7. Falcondrvr

Falcondrvr Well-Known Member

If that ain't the truth, I don't know what is.

8. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

At least he doesn't have leopard print hair or cornrows anymore

9. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

If I were Nicky, I'd do whatever made me the most guaranteed money. If thats mid to back of the pack in MotoGP, then thats where I would be. If its a factory ride in WSBK then sure.
    There is a small allure to being the first ever MotoGP and WSBK world champ, but unless the team and money were right (ie, Kawi or Aprilia coming to me and saying "Top 6 average MotoGP salary and a factory team spot, and possible future option for a position in the factory company after racing either doing stuff like Corser does for BMW, or running a development team.") I wouldnt bother going and racing a lower teir (in public perception) series, because thats a lose/lose situation.
    You win, you should have won, you're a MotoGP rider. You lose, you're washed up, how did you get into GPs in the first place. Thats the mentality of the fans now, if you're not winning everything, you're garbage.
    Look at Lebron pre-rings. Look at Dani Pedrosa in this sport. And even when you win, if you dont win it the way everyone wants you to, people still rip you. There are still people who argue the 06 title was gifted to Hayden. People who argue that Herrin was gifted the AMA title last year. (suprisingly you dont hear that about Maverick's Moto3 title last year with both of the guys ahead of him in the points running into problems in the last race of the season).
    Get yours while you can and do what makes you happy.

10. LosPer

LosPer Active Member

As a racing fan? WSBK, most definitely.

As Nicky? Whatever makes him feel like he's enjoying himself and feeling productive. And relevant.

I honestly have a hard time understanding why he'd even feel relevant riding in 10th place in MotoGP, but if he'd rather be circulating for 10th in GP, than fighting for wins in WSBK, that's his call.

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

If I was confident I could win then I'd rather be running at the front of WSBK then mid-pack in MotoGP.

12. backcountryme

13. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Prob due to the FACT the best riders in the world are in the MotoGP class and not WSB

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

Yes! But Nicky needs that Mile win! All the Hayden boys are naturals with the shoe on!

I would hope he has enough money by now. A WSB title would be a good way to finish up a great career. I don't think he would starve in WSB.

15. backcountryme

I am not too sure about that. The reality is that there are only a few seats in MotoGP. Who is to know that there isn't someone in a "lower" class that would dominate in GP, but just hasn't had the shot? Yes it is the top class, but to dismiss all other classes as having inferior riders is a bit of a slap in the face to any rider outside of GP.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they could dominate in GP they'd be dominating in WSB. That kind of ability shows through no matter the bike.

17. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I don't think dominating is the right word. I do think there are a quite a few riders in WSBK that are easily capable of running around where Hayden is on the RCV1000.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If they are that good then they're running up front in WSB and would be noticed.

Yes, Nicky is still that good.

19. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Conversely, there are several top MotoGP riders that are easily capable of only being able to run around where Hayden is on the RCV1000.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Now that I'd love to see. Screw all the Honda publicity stuff with Stoner. Screw all the "my favorite would be faster if only he were on MM's bike".

Do a one off test - wide open to all reporters so they can verify things - put MM on Nickys B bike with all the exact same stuff. Change suspension settings and all that as usual for a rider but same tires every time out. Both riders, same track, same day, same B (or is it C or D?) class machinery.