1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Anyone on here shot/has/used a Sig P6 or the revamped 225? Singlestack 9mm.

I'd be interested in your experiences with it.

2. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

3. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

4. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Throw some Cajun parts at it and it won't matter that much. It'd still be a really sweet trigger. I have a 75B (safety) with the Cajun race hammer cut for no camming, and some other stuff, it's an incredible trigger. But you wouldn't want to use it for anything other than the range.

5. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

6. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Yeah but my forged century arms looks exactly like that and was much cheaper.

I have 3 AKs from C.A. and they have been exceptional compared the the AMD-65's I've used overseas.

7. Cajun Kid

Cajun Kid Well-Known Member

The ATI one is not as nice as the Century arms C39's.
    My C39 after lots of work.

[​IMG]

8. SpeedyE

I fired one (P6) way back....it is a fantastic gun

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Thanks, Speedy.

10. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Shopping for a fun gun / home protection 9mm. Not for carry.

Anybody have experience with a CZ SP-01 or H&K VP9

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Does anyone have personal experience with the DPMS LR308 Oracle? I just sold a rifle and am looking for a 308. I've been reading reviews until my eyes hurt and most I've seen say DPMS doesn't make a great .223 but their 308's get pretty good reviews. Plus they can be found for around $750 which seems like a hell of a deal. I can always mod it later.

12. SpeedyE

I shot a VP-9 at a target range, also shot a FN 9mm too.
    The HK was night and day difference. The accuracy and ease of accuracy was phenomenal. Ergonomics were perfect.
    I would buy one in a heartbeat

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

No personal experience either but this is also what I have heard/read.

14. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I shot the FNX9 and Walther PPQ side by side two weeks ago. The PPQ was much better than the FN, but I like the feel of the VP9.

The CZ isn't striker fire or polymer and feels very good in my hands too. I'm stuck between them and haven't shot either! LOL

15. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

Just pulled the trigger on a P938, well not really. I bought one off gun broker. They were 720$ at Academy, 680$ at the gunshow this past weekend, and 530$ +30$ shipping on gun broker. That was my first purchase off that site so wasn't sure what to expect. Seemed ok. Should be at my local gun store by end of week. I got the rosewood grip model. Of every 10 reviews I read that says it's a great gun there are 2 reviews that say it literally feel apart n them. One review on youtube the guy had to send it back twice. I figured I'd roll the dice because I wanted something smaller than my XD40 sc for an etc gun.
    I'll report back next week.

16. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

The three reasons you gave for liking the CZ SP-01 are the reasons that it'll be the next handgun I purchase after the 6.5 Grendel AR is done. Not to mention that an all metal full size will stay on target better than its polymer twin. Also: if push comes to shove and you're out of shoot, the SP-01 doubles as a hammer. :D

I also have my eye on a Sig P226 Elite.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015
  17. SpeedyE

Yeah, I fired the FNX-9 and the VP-9 side/by/side, and the VP crushed the FNX.... BUT, the VP is striker fired, so I decided against it (I do not feel comfortable w/ a striker gun). So I decided on the FNX, but wound up getting a Sig-M11A1 (aka: 228) at a smoking price, so went w/ that instead.
    Have never seen/handled/shot the Walther.

But again, the VP-9 was the best handgun I have ever personally fired (but I haven't fired that many different guns), fwiw
    Ergonomics are incredible and those ergonomics transferred into hitting everything you aimed at, much faster/easier than the FNX. Recoil impulse/sharpness is felt more w/ the HK, but no bbl rise, and the mechanics under firing, felt like a Swiss watch. Mook, that gun was so good, you literally couldn't miss.....but alas, stiker-fired :eek::mad::(:mad::eek:

Never fired the steel-framed CZ's, but they are supposed to be incredible guns....was told they feel like the old Browning Hi-powers, only better.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

That's my planned next carry gun. I tried on my friend's with holster and couldn't believe how slim it fit to the side of my body. The holster was a model with two belt clips fore/aft of the body of the gun, so it doesn't stick out from your body much at all.

I've tried to want one of the little LCP sized guns, but I hate the triggers too bad. The P938 has a great trigger feel.

19. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Did you look at the lcp custom? Ruger had a pretty good sale last week picked up a standard model for $203.otd I already have the custom. I think they were about $215.otd.

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

No I haven't tried the custom. I have shot my Dad's LCP that he sent out to have a bunch of custom work done to the trigger but I still hate it.

They're definitely the right price but I just don't feel confident carrying it. I'd rather take my s&w 360 that I can conceal well enough.