1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. How much did that one cost?

I was trying to keep his search to guns under $1k. I love my P320 X-FIVE Legion, but I believe it was over $1k. Hell I can't remember, maybe it wasn't.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

A Legion is usually over $1k easy.

I got it for like $1300. I’ve seen them on Gunbroker for $1500-1600.

But Dude. It’s my baby. I’d buy another.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Picked up a VP9 Tactical last night. Didn't necessarily want the threaded barrel and will probably order a standard barrel for it today so that I can recycle my current holster. But I'll keep the threaded barrel for down the road if I want to play with putting a compensator or suppressor on it during range days.

Now what optic do I want? The snob in me says RMR. The practical side of me says there may be better options.

4. StaccatoFan

Holosun 507.

MikeR, sanee and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  5. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Any optic with the shake awake feature! :beer:

6. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

:stupid: Or whatever Holosun fits. The RMR is undoubtedly the king but the Holosun is usually about half the price, it’s almost as tough, and might have more features.

I’ve heard jokes about if you’re building a fence and you break your hammer you could finish the fence with your RMR. I’m all about toughness especially in an EDC but I think the Holosun is proven and plenty tough.

7. StaccatoFan

My eyes like the option to go circle dot with the Holosun too.

I’ll have an RMR to play with next week. Then I’ll have a hands on comparison of both to provide more informed opinion.

It was a package deal.

8. My first preference for a full size gun is the Trijicon SRO, but that is for home/car weapons. It is too big for a carry gun (at least for me).

For EDC's I have been running the Holosun 507K on the last 3-4 and I like it a lot. The only EDC I have had and used enough to give credibility to its durability is the Canik TP9-Elite SC. I put the Holosun on it and have carried it a lot and haven't had any issues with it. Ive banged it around on a lot of shit and it is still good as new.

But the most important aspect is the shake-awake. I want one that I can change the battery without messing up the zero, and has shake-awake.

9. GixxerJohn011

I know you’re “not buying guns until the sun rises again” or whatever but when you buy that next 320 take a look at this

https://holosun.com/products/reflex-sight/507/hs507comp.html

It looks like they built it to compete directly with the SRO. Make sure you buy the COMPETITION and not the 507C. They named them a little close and I could see somebody thinking they’re getting a deal on a competition but accidentally buying a 507 C. I didn’t check on an SRO but these seem to be going for about $370. It’s a different reticle than before but you keep the battery tray so no re zeroing every battery change.

10. Shit. Now I need that.

Ive been eyeing the new P320 Spectre Blackout but didn't really have a good reason to get one. Needing a new gun to put that Holosun Competition sight on seems like a good enough reason to pull the trigger.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  11. GixxerJohn011

:crackup::crackup::crackup: Hard to argue the logic

12. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

The Range / Gun shop has a Spectre Comp in stock. I will check it out later this week.

13. S Tsotsoros

I will add the Walther PDP to my list. Thanks

I'm afraid this could turn into a GG moment of impulsive buying.

Gorilla George and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  14. S Tsotsoros

They are out of stock everywhere I've looked online. I've added this to my list and will keep an eye out for it,

StaccatoFan likes this.
  15. S Tsotsoros

I'm OK spending a bit more for THE right one.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Doesn't exist.
    It won't be your last purchase.

S Tsotsoros and GixxerJohn011 like this.
  17. GixxerJohn011

There are several sizes of the PDP. There is a shorter 15 round compact grip or a touch longer 18 round full size. The slides I believe come in 4, 4 1/2, and 5 inch. Each grip also has 3 different back straps so you can really get it dialed in.

Edit…forgot there is also a PDP-F that has a shorter reach to the trigger.

S Tsotsoros likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

For real. I’m no GG but 4 guns ago I told my wife I was done and I honestly thought that was true…I’m already eyeing my next two purchases.

19. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

20. StaccatoFan

Pretty good deal there.