1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Since we are on the subject, I have found KKM barrels to be some of the highest quality available for Glocks. They even have hand fit options available if you want to take it that far.

lizard84 likes this.
  2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Well see what Santa leaves me under the tree tomorrow.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

@auminer has some “coal” he picked up the other day….

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Like hell! No one is getting coal in their stocking this year! Bitcoin, maybe...

[​IMG]

Yzasserina likes this.
  5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I’m going off memory, but that’s seems a lot better than that silver and gold stuff you keep pushing on us.

6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Anyone got a Staccato?

Are they worth the money?

7. I had one but got rid of it.

By far the best shooting gun you could imagine. Literally a perfect trigger and insanely accurate.

But I could never get comfortable shooting it because of the safety. Either I would accidentally engage the safety while shooting, or I would try to get used to riding my thumb on top, which I could never do.

It was an amazing gun, but I couldn’t get used to shooting it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  8. auminer

Yeah, but a bitch to store in investment quantities. :D

And with the GSR as high as it is, I don't "push" gold and don't currently own any other than jewelry and the placer and nuggets I pulled out of the ground myself.

Let's check back on silver this time in 2023 and compare it to other investment vehicles. :beer:

9. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

What, like Porsches and Ferraris and Ford GTs? o_O

Gorilla George and StaccatoFan like this.
  10. auminer

I bet a hedge fund with an automotive focus would have kicked the ass of Wall Street over the past several years!

I wonder if there was such a thing?

They could have one that bought cars, one that bought various libations, one that bought collectible firearms... Interesting possibilities.

11. Me and the wife always have that investment conversation when it comes to her damn bags. She’s got tons of designer bags. I probably could have bought a 2nd TGT if I sold all her fucking bags.

Then she always gives me the “But it’s an investment” speech. I’m like “Yeah but that only works if you actually SELL them at some point, which you never will. And you can only use one at a time, so what’s the point of having so many?”

I always felt like I had the upper hand in that conversation, until she mentioned all the guns. Then I was like “They are an investment” and she was like “Yeah but…”

Then I was “Shit”.

Phl218, sanee, Boman Forklift and 3 others like this.
  12. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That hedge fund scenario would drive me to making my ownztuff.

I missed out on a Lamborghini Miura in the early '80s for $25K, I missed out on a Ferrari 288GTO in the early '90s for ~ 7oK and I never did get around to having that GT40 replica - forget about the real thing. No way I would want any of them now - too big a financial risk/waste cuz I want just to drive them. Actually, I still want the GTO cuz it's a true collector.

As for booze and guns, my goodest friend has already built one brewery and another calls his gun collection his retirement fund and another reloads. Those are the kinds of friends I have and I'm happy to have them. My vehicles work, my guns are more than I can carry and I don't much drink. My cup is half full...no need for fuck you money.

13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

14. StaccatoFan

Hoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

You're not wrong.

One thing about investments.....I don't get to enjoy any of them until later in life.

That's the beauty of a waterfront home. I'm on vacation every day. A supercar like a Ford gt is the same....you drive it and have a blast.

When I do decide to sell my house, my purchase price is up.....always.....same as the Ford GT.

Any slapdick can buy a Range Rover, some vanguard shares, or a swiss watch.

If you want to impress me, show me 300 acres in the middle of nowhere , that has no cell phone signal.

16. I’m pretty much the opposite. I would be more than happy in a one bedroom condo somewhere, with no yard at all.

I don’t hunt or fish, so don’t care about land. I don’t want to hassle with mowing the yard or landscaping. I want life to be simple and with as little hassle as possible.

I need internet, a comfortable bed, a big TV, a big garage, plus easy access to an airport and the gym. That’s it. Other than that I don’t give a shit.

For me, the house is what keeps me from getting wet when it rains.

I used to want a big house. That’s why I bought this one. Then I realized it was a waste. We use the gym upstairs and that’s it. Two of the bedroom are never used at all and the big living room is a waste because we never have company.

I learned that a big house is a waste of time, money, and space (for me/us). Thats why we are looking to downsize.

Things are more expensive in Houston, and I like not having a house payment. So we will sell this one, put some cash with it, and buy a place in Houston (Sugar land). But I want the house to be smaller.

I own 17 acres in the country of Souther Mississippi (Sumrall, north of Hattiesburg). Odds are I will never use it. We just don’t care about being in the country. But Hattiesburg is constantly growing and expanding north, so the value of that land has grown exponentially over the last 5-10 years. So I’ll keep it and see what happens. Maybe when I older I’ll change my mind and want to build on it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

A house as an “investment” is faulty logic and old thinking from the post WW2 generation.

Like GG said. It’s a roof over your head. No more no less.

The only reason your house “value” increases is because the dollar is worth less. Or changes in supply and demand in your chosen area.

GG actually proves the point as well. He’s going to sell his house. But the money made just rolls into another dwelling so he and Mrs George have a roof over their heads. It’s not “liquid cash” he can just use for anything he wants.

A home is only a great value once it’s paid off.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

You may be overlooking one of the appeals of having land. It means that your neighbors are over there, instead of on top of, below or beside you. At least that’s how I look at it.

RonR, Clay, svracer22 and 2 others like this.
  19. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Santa was good.

Left me a Daniel Defense DD4 M7 and a sig p365xl with a Romeo red dot installed.

RonR, Triple X, GixxerJohn011 and 2 others like this.
  20. I can see the appeal of that, but it isn’t something that has ever mattered to me. I keep to myself and have never met my neighbors. So their proximity is irrelevant to me.

The only exception would be an apartment building, when you might could hear them walking above you or making noise through the wall. That would get on my nerves.

But in a house, whether they are 100’ away or 100 miles away, it makes no difference to me.

The only reason I would want to live way out in the middle of nowhere would be so I can have my own gun range.