1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

didn't you just buy a ps90 recently? or was that someone else in this thread?

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Yea I got that one 2 weeks ago.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

gotcha. the keltec looks like a neat toy, but having a ps90 I feel like would kill any desire for the keltec version. But that's just me.

4. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

Kel-Tec is Floridian for "Looks cool but doesn't work"

assjuice cyrus likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Ordered a Riton MPRD 3 moa optic for my new TX22 for $100 last week, and naturally a better deal came along today so I ordered it too- Vortex Venom 6 moa for $170 (at Cabela's). I'm sure I'll find a good home for both...

6. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

The p50 is just to cool. All the accessories they make for that pistol it will be sweet.

7. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I have a Kimber 1911 and a S&W 686 revolver with an 8 in barrel in 357 Magnum.
    I love both of them and feel they rounded out my collection nicely.

10-15 likes this.
  8. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Holosun 407 w/ green dot fits perfect in RMR foot print. Hopefully will get to try it out after Christmas. I pulled landscaping duty and gotta fly tonight until late Christmas Eve. Still on call Christmas and the day after but hopefully they’ll use other people

Triple X likes this.
  9. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

speedluvn likes this.
  10. Christopher Graybosch

Christopher Graybosch Well-Known Member

Do you prefer the offset that far? Any particular reason? I know it’s all anecdotal but I’ve found it’s a little harder to pan and reset with if forward hence my rear mount setup. I have considered switching to a little taller red dot because while I find this Sig Tango/Romeo setup pretty well effective, my only gripe is after a few minutes of shooting I find my neck a little sore.

though it very well could be me being lazy and having bad fundamentals because this is my first offset setup and since my new baby I’ve been a straight up couch potato

11. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

God Damn.....I dont give a shit how long that barrel is, doing that is impressive single shotting let alone triple tapping....:eek:.

Cant lie, that made me buy my first optic for a pistol....:D.

Speaking of, did you start out on optics from the beginning or irons first then migrated everything over to optics?

Gorilla George likes this.
  12. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Congrats on the new kiddo! Only reason its that far forward is to cut down on cleaning and possible blast damage to the optic....(more the cleaning part:D). Further back and its right at the ejection port and everything coming out of it....I get pissed about cleaning the flashlights so I knew it would be the same for that....:D

13. Thanks :D

But I was only 8 yards away.

No, I used iron sights for a long time before ever using optics.

I applied the same logic to guns that I did race bikes.

My first race bike had no Slipper Clutch or Quickshifter, and the motor was stock (so was the MC, wheels, rotors, etc). I wanted to develop skills before relying on gadgets. Gadgets can fail, skills will not.

Same concept applies to guns.

But since you are going that direction, swapping to using an optic isn’t as straight forward as it sounds. Being misaligned even just a little will result in the dot not being in your sight picture at all.

The best advice I can give you is to spend hours and hours practicing your draw and finding the sight. You need to develop the muscle memory so when you draw, the dot is there.

When you draw, work on bringing the gun up to your chest first and then extending your arms out (rather than drawing and immediately straightening your arms, and then bringing them up).

You can utilize that extra split second while extending your arms to locate the dot (rather than drawing, extending your arms, raising them, and then finding the dot).

I also like to use one of the laser bullets for dry fire practice.

There’s no telling how many times all the light sockets and door handles in this house have been fired upon. :D

14. BTW, I first went to do that triple-tap drill at 7 yards.

Statistically speaking, 21’ is the magic number for someone with a knife being able to attack you before most/average people can get a shot off.

So I setup the target at 7 yards, then just as I was about to shoot the dude in the lane beside me placed his target at 7 yards.

So I had to stop and move mine out to 8 yards. :crackup:

Jedb likes this.
  15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Silent competition, eh?

16. Always, no matter what I’m doing. :D

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You're hopelessly and impossibly afflicted.

Einstein: "The universe is infinite."
    GG: "Hold my beer".

<smdh>
    :crackup:

pickled egg and Gorilla George like this.
  18. :crackup:

19. 10-15

10-15 Well-Known Member

My first duty carry weapon in 1984 was a S&W 681 4" .357 in stainless steel. That was a sweet shooting wheel gun as well as a great impact weapon. :crackup:Wish I would have held on to it but traded in on my first G-lock 17 in 86' , times were a changing.

Triple X likes this.
  20. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

How has your Kimber been? A guy I talk guns with quite a bit runs Kimber into the dirt whenever he gets a chance. His main gripe is they need some work to feed reliably. He’s made some convincing arguments but I still look at them all the time and I’ll be damned if I don’t want to buy every one of them…and that’s what will lead to my demise and living in a van down by the river.