1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I get to race in WERA?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by bteachey85, Jan 31, 2011.

1. bteachey85

bteachey85 Honda

hey guys I know there are a lot of you out there that now how to be able to race in WERA and I want to do this in Aug. when they come to VIR North and I want to race in it. But i know I have to do something to be able to do this. My question is what all do I need to have completed and by when before I can race in this race. Thanks for all the information and I am open to any suggestions.

2. www.wera.com

Click on the link for the rulebook.

Read it.

It explains everything.

3. bteachey85

bteachey85 Honda

Thanks Chaotic.

4. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Do you have any track time under your belt? Basically have your gear, bike prepped and take school.

5. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

VIR in August will probably not have the riders school, so you will need to complete it before that weekend.

6. cycleczy

cycleczy Well-Known Member

come to VIR race in march and take that riders school then you will be better for august race check out the role book and wire up your bike some ebc or vesra brake pad and better brake lines and race bodywork you will be ok the frist time out then gat to the suspension ctr will be there at the first round and if you want to spend the 2 gs he can hook you up with that too GOOD LUCK . You will never look at the street the same cause ive been hooked for years and im now 33 . WERA by far the best place to race . Just make sure you dont weave on the straights to break a draft its a 100 dollar fine sorry had to throw that in there

7. cycleczy

sv650 are are a great start and i got a nice one if your interested 434-401-2696 got it a few weeks ago and wife is having a cow so i may just stick to one bike 08 R1 im just a speed junky plus i like buying tires

8. bteachey85

bteachey85 Honda

Yea I have a good amount of time on the track already. Bike is already race plastics and safety wired some but not all the way like I am sure it is required for WERA. I already have race tech suspension parts in the front and a 3 way race shock in the rear. Its already been setup for my weight and how I ride. Cycleczy what do is that race in March so I can go up there and take the school so I can get ready for the Aug race? Thanks again for all the tips guys and girls. What do you mean there is a $100 fine for breaking the draft in the straight?

9. cycleczy

the race is march 5-6 the riders school is sat and then you can race some sprints on sunday you just have to wear a riderschool shirt over your leathers > LOL i weaved at summit point so the bike behind me could not draft as well and i got a 100 fine

10. ktkwong

ktkwong newbie of WERA

yeah last guy who weaved at a race at wsmc in the lwt class was disqualified because not only did he break the draft, he was also weaving/blocking the other riders. you can break the draft, but only head one way, towards the outside i think.

11. bteachey85

bteachey85 Honda

wow thats crazy I have never heard that before until now. Thanks for the dates for the March class. Where do I go to sign up for it and what price am I looking at for signing up for it too. Also what needs to be wired up? I have the drain bolt, fill plug and oil filter wired already. What else do I need to do to be ready to go by the time I get up there?

12. See above.

13. volcomrr

volcomrr BUDDY

:crackup: