1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hot Dogs

Discussion in 'General' started by karls, Jul 4, 2024.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Cool!

Linker48X likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You tried Vienna inn?
    Not natural casing but pretty good coney dogs for the price.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Still fits what I said, they're filler for the beans.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Why buy the dang things when you can make and barbecue (smoke) 'em yourself?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2024
    CBRRRRR999, ToofPic and Sabre699 like this.
  5. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Living on the Island of Misfit Toys

Because that’s not instant gratification. :D

CBRRRRR999 and TurboBlew like this.
  6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

but, hot dogs are sausages, just like bratwurst are sausages. They are simply one kind that is finely ground and emulsified.
    That being said, the national brands of skinless hot dogs have their place and it generally is not as a stand alone food item. However, local or regional hot dogs with natural casings are a whole different thing and can easily hold there own with brats, Polish, Italian, kielbasa, etc.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  8. fossil

fossil Well-Known Member

Vienna Inn chili dogs were at one time the largest-selling item at the concessions at Wolf Trap Farm Park for the performing arts. When the opera was at Wolf Trap it was fun to see all the dressed-up Opera Fans wolfing down Vienna Inn chili dogs,

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They have a food truck now. Catered one of our team dinners, it’s money.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  10. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

3 Varsity Chili Dogs with Onion Rings..:beer:

ToofPic and motoboy like this.
  11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

From Wiki webs
    A hot dog is a dish consisting of a grilled, steamed, or boiled sausage served in the slit of a partially sliced bun.[3] The term hot dog can refer to the sausage itself. The sausage used is a wiener (Vienna sausage) or a frankfurter (Frankfurter Würstchen, also just called frank). The names of these sausages commonly refer to their assembled dish.[4] Hot dog preparation and condiments vary worldwide. The hot dog's cultural traditions include the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest and the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile.
    These types of sausages were culturally imported from Germany and became popular in the United States. It became a working-class street food in the U.S., sold at stands and carts. The hot dog became closely associated with baseball and American culture. Although particularly connected with New York City and its cuisine, the hot dog eventually became ubiquitous throughout the US during the 20th century. Its preparation varies regionally in the country, emerging as an important part of other regional cuisines, including Chicago street cuisine.

So a hot dog is a type of sausage and a sausage is a type of hot dog

Pixelator likes this.
  12. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hot dogs are the Pol Pot of consumables.

CBRRRRR999 and ToofPic like this.
  13. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

These are my go to. At Nelson we threw a can of sauerkraut into a pan and the brats with it, eat it all on a piece of Pepperidge Farm seeded rye. Heaven.

[​IMG]

ToofPic and britx303 like this.
  14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Now we’re talking. I do like good brats and kraut.

15. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Man, I haven't set foot in a Varsity for decades. Maybe I'm due for a trip to Athens.

ToofPic and Pixelator like this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They suck enough to be in their own category of non sausages. Even regional ones.

17. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

wegmans is based in rochester so could of been zweigles.there's a place in town that ships them all over the country
    If the airport wasn't in the way I could see there corporate complex on one side and there shipping center on the other

18. TommyD

TommyD Well-Known Member

molson golden is delish but pretty hard to find now a days,even harder to find that's not skunky.damn green bottles

rd400racer likes this.
  19. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Weisswurst breakfasts are one of my favorite memories living in Germany.

rd400racer and ToofPic like this.