1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD In the news

Discussion in 'General' started by MikeB68, Jan 30, 2018.

1. MikeB68

MikeB68 Active Member

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So I guess they won't be buying Ducati any time soon.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

There's always a bowling ball company to buy them out.

sharkattack, Shenanigans and TLR67 like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Maybe Ducati buys them?

5. G 97

G 97 Garth

They also just announced the closing of the KC plant and moving this production to the York Pa factory. No big surprise considering that both the Dyna and V-rod models are made in KC. The Dyna line was recently discontinued while they have been discussing killing the V-rod for some time now.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I thought I read the York plant was at near full capacity?

They still make bombs there?

7. G 97

G 97 Garth

This isn’t exactly bad.

Revenue from motorcycles and related products rose to $1.05 billion from $933 million.

Adjusted earnings were 47 cents per share, while analysts, on average, expected 45 cents, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.

Harley shares fell to $52 in premarket trading from a close of $55.29.
    Still very good valuation.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Way back I owned a few shares of Apple and sold it to buy HD. It took a few years but Apple eventually went through the roof and HD did exactly jack shit.

F@ck HD stock! :D

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

10. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I just don't understand how the mega-dealer down the street from me stays in business.

Parking lot is always nearly empty with about 200 bikes (probably with an average retail of 18-23K across all models) on display at the front of the store.

I think they throw a customer event each month, and they lease their lot to the travelling fair a couple times/year, but other than that.........tumbleweeds.

11. G 97

G 97 Garth

York makes the Touring and Softail families. I would expect them to just be adding the Sportster and 500/750 street models with the Sportster line being integrated more towards the Street models. So basically only one family will be moved to York, which they have plenty of room for. I don’t anticipate the V-rod to make the cut.

Harley has never made any of their motors or transmissions at York.
    Oh you meant the old ammunitions plant, my bad. :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

I did alright on mine. It was always a pretty decent dividend stock so when it tanked in 2009 I tripled down to bring my overall price per share average more in line. I got out when the Board hired the current CEO as his background is in engineering and not business or finance plus they were bringing in all these ex GM, ex Pepsi, ex Maxim mag marketing higher ups who had zero motorcycle experience. I killed it.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I never took the dividends. When it was offered I did the dividend reinvestment.

Sometimes that works and other times you just end up with twice the amount of shit than what you originally bought.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Give it time. A lot of big dealers are feeling the squeeze. It all depends on how they managed their business when times were good and if they were able to payoff/down their facility.

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

HD only spent 29.4 million last year on recalls :Poke:

17. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Maybe HERO buys HD.....saves The Brand......:crackup:

renegade17 likes this.
  18. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Voluntary recall on over $1Billion in revenue is <3%. One could also make the case that this will reduce higher rate warranty claims in the future.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

:stupid: Both combined are 20,000 units less than H-D world wide sales.