1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden finally open to racing WSBK?

Discussion in 'General' started by EngineNoO9, Jul 20, 2015.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Nobody knows why Herrin struggled. Maybe not even him.

You could argue that it was the bike, the tracks, the schedule, the culture shock, the crew, or just that Josh didn't get it done. My guess is that it was a little of each.

It's pretty clear that he can ride the wheels off of a motorcycle. There's just more to the recipe than that.

In any case, Herrin's struggle is exclusive to Josh Herrin and his particular situation in Moto2. It's not foretelling any other American racer's future.

2. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

spies didn't have any either, or Russell, or bostrom, or alex lowes, or gobert, or..........

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Pretty sure all of the above mentioned riders were on top notch, factory equipment. But hey, don't let that stop ya :up:

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Spies had his longtime crew chief with him who one could argue was like a brother to him.

Pretty much knew exactly how he wanted his motorcycle and his setup baseline.

The other riders you mention also went from Superbikes to Superbikes.

Had they gone to a completely different platform they might have struggled, they might not have.

What's funny is your sheet hatred for Herrin despite all the circumstances and the fact that you literally dont know what the fuck you're talking about.

Do you get some kick out of talking shit about him or what?

Any chance you get, you try to downplay his abilities. And what sucks the most is that all the smack you talk, I bet he would welcome you at his home, his track, and even teach you to go faster.

I just don't get it.....

5. vizsladog

did it to get rise out of you. Ive meet him numerous times. humble, polite and fast.

I have no doubt his bike was crap compared to zarcos. A simple shock tweak can be the difference between pole and the second row. New tracks,new food,new cultures. Had to be hard.

Then to not have confidence in your team or bike has to be hard.

Sorry. I know I bust balls but its just to bust balls.

6. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

Roger Hayden raced WSBK at Laguna a couple years back on the AMA spec Jordan Suzuki and did pretty well. I believe this is applicable to a few silly posts from a certain silly person in this thread.

7. ped

ped Banned

Geoff May and Aaron Yates crushed it too

Hayden beat Hayes and led most laps the other weekend

But thanks for proving my point....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  8. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

What was your point again?

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The point is to ignore decades of race wins and titles by American chanpions in international competition and weigh the capability of the entire US contingent on the failure of one rider. Duh.

10. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I think his point was that Yates and May were on turds and Hayden adapted to te better WSBK Pirelli tires and went a tick faster than he had gone on dunlops....

Ped is continually proving himself to be an idiot

11. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Saw from Motomatters that both current Ducati Superbike riders are going to be offered a contract extension. Guess that'll rule Hayden out unless they do a 3 bike team.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My money is on Aprilia.

13. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Could be..... He was at the factory a year or two back. I just hope he doesn't end up on the Honda....

14. vizsladog

He was at the factory for a motogp ride....that fell thru when gigi went to ducati

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and when Aspar switched from Aprilia to Honda.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ben Spies WSBK Yamaha was shit and the team was like Three Stooges. It's still a damn miracle he won and a testament to his pure talent and speed. He's an anomaly who shouldn't be compared to other (lesser) Superbike racers in this era in any series. I have yet to see anyone even remotely close to his level anywhere.

Yeah I said it.

17. ped

ped Banned

:stupid:

Or...and this is a longshot.....he's just not as fast as half of the moto2 field....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  18. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

:stupid:

19. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Zarco then vs. Zarco now shows how sh*tty that Caterham bike was.

2014 summer break - 46 points, 1 podium.

2015 summer break - 180 points, 3 wins, 4 seconds and a third. Only off the podium once, in Qatar.

That 2014 was Zarco's second year in Moto2, also his second year on a Suter.

20. yamahogg500

yamahogg500 Well-Known Member

Herrin was very open about where he struggled. He said in an
    interview that adapting to the tires was his biggest challenge .