1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Birthday Bowman Forklift

Discussion in 'General' started by ClemsonsR6, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

You are welcome.

I remember you and loaning parts, but I couldn't remember what they were. I just look at anyone at the track is almost like family. There are so few of us that get/share this addiction. So if you are there I'm already interested in knowing you and like you compared to someone just walking down the street. Now obviously there are some jerks at the track too, but you can sus them out after awhile.

I feel almost the same way with any motorcycle rider, we already have a common bond that most people don't get.

Thanks for

2. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Hey Rob, you can borrow my Desmosedici at the track, because I'm a nice guy like that.

Not

3. Boman Forklift

Yea Jason, that was awesome what you guys did for Tyler. I think someone drove all the way from Willow Springs to your place or Tige's shop and picked up your spare bike and brought it to the track. That's at least 4 hours driving right there. Then everyone rallied around us and drank beer while we pulled the motor out of both bikes and swapped your motor into Tyler's bike.

Setting that track record at Willow Springs on a SV at a 1:27:08 was pretty spectacular. I think he broke the old record by a few tenths. Guys had run that track for years and the track had deteriorated, so I didn't think he would go that fast. He had broken the record in a different twins class the month before running a low 28 or high 27 and after running that 27.08 lap, he figured he could get into the 26's the next month. But Tige had other plans and nicely put him on a 600, which I didn't really want to do yet. I was afraid of how much tire money I was going to have to spend on 600's.:crackup:

4. Boman Forklift

:D

No problem, I would rather go race Ninja 400's with you anyway. I would consider riding a Desmo, that belonged to someone else, for a short street ride. No way would I take one on the track, even if I owned it.

motion likes this.
  5. Yeah, I got some funny looks when I showed up at the track with 3 pallets worth of cases of water.

But I had already said I would do it. I couldn’t back down. At that point I had no choice but to buy all the water (or like I told her “every one of these motherfuckers” :crackup:)

Banditracer and Boman Forklift like this.
  6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

I'm with Rob on this one.
    Never gets old...just funnier. :D

7. BigBird

BigBird blah

Happy Birthday to the new Father in law

Boman Forklift likes this.