1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grattan 6/9-10/2018

Discussion in 'Announcements/Information' started by Mongo, May 24, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Schedule is up and pre entry is open.

Hawkins92 likes this.
  2. chrisOH

chrisOH Well-Known Member

Quick question on race layouts with this one. The May round had a few races between the 1000cc races so there was no issue. The issue I have with this schedule is there was 4 or so races between Forumla 1 and A-Superbike which have similar bike rules (ie Rims and brakes) yet only 1 race between A-Superbike and A-superstock were the rules are more strict. Is it possible to flip Formula 1 and A-Superstock so that we have more races between the classes that have more substantial rules?

I would like to be able to have the time to change to my Brembo Master Cylinder and my Carbon Fiber rims for the classes I can use them. One race isn't even enough time to swap the rims out even with already mounted tires. Figure by time I come off track get bike up on stands take my helmet off, get the rims off and start putting the next rims on your at 2nd or 3rd call.

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's time for a B-bike :D

4. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

Dang.
    All that work I’d hope the master is a complete set of lines and calipers ready to just bolt up and go without having to bleed them out.

5. chrisOH

chrisOH Well-Known Member

I haven't tried to swap the brakes yet (just deal with crappy Suzuki M/C fade), but I do have a complete setup M/C, Lines, Calipers, all set and ready to go (will probably try it at Mid OH since there are some races between Superstock and Superbike). I need to trim the plastic in a few spots so it goes on easier to be able to do the Brake swap. But last year with this schedule I tried to do the wheel change and missed hitting the grid by about 4 minutes. Might make it now, but sometimes the axles and brakes don't go in so easy.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Email me a reminder and I'll see what I can do.

7. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I'm getting old and apparently much slower mentally...why are you guys discussing changing a schedule for a weekend that already happened?

Or is this just a general discussion of changing up future schedules?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There was a 3rd Grattan as a TBA on the yearly schedule earlier this year.